1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is life worth living without friends ?????

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Apr 8, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi lovely ladies,

Hope all of you are doing good.I am in USA for quite some years.got bored due to h4,then worked still no interest in life coz NO FRIENDS.always felt lonely in USA but due to reading many blogs on Indusladies I have developed many passions namely workout, books, cooking, cleaning(yes!:))

Howeverm despite keeping me very busy I still feel like...a loser?? coz..I have no friends.I have tried a lot!!! Initially made 3 or 4 but they left to India for good!The thing is they do not want to be friends.they are either too practical or they r more into their family but still tried very hard and was their friend but they went back.

Now,since I am an introvert it makes things all the more difficult but I still try.I tried making more friends but they have so much of mood swings or they want me to meet everyday/give food every week/call everyday.maybe that is the mistake I do?I am not calling them everyday???

I do not know..I see so many people having lots of friends,I see FACEBOOK full of friendship pics and the comments like "miss u too much sweetheart!" or "I miss the good times with u.u r the best friend"..All that is making me tooooooo sad.

I feel like something is wrong with me...please help me

1 person likes this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

3. saianugraha

saianugraha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anika,

Be strong gal....., do not feel sad . Nothing wrong in being introvert , but it takes some time to open up and build a friendship. For building friendship u need to keep in touch with them .

Friendships here (us) are made based on many factors, like same aged kids, both are same language speaking feel more comfortable...,
    With my experience I felt sometimes it is worth having (one)few gooood friends for lifetime , rather than 100 not worthy friends.

Think positive maybe they are not worthy being your friends...., my advice

"Do not chase after people for friendship Right people will not leave you!!"

TC
    sree

1 person likes this.
  4. LittleSparrow

LittleSparrow New IL'ite

Hey Anika... I can totally understand you... sailing in the same boat here... you dont have kids i guess thats why you are feeling this.. me too.. that is no kids... but i sometimes think if you have kids everything is good.. why?? because you dont have time for silly thoughts such as these to enter you head!! :exactly:(Ok saw your other post and realised that you have kids and are worried that after they grow you would be alone.. its gonna be after a long time so dont worry something will come up.. dont give friendship so much importance) Life has its own beauty.. with or without friends...
    Anyways i'm on H4 too tried making friends but people here are... sometimes very very practical... as in if you have kids of similar age then they will want to make frds... if you'll are from the same place in India then they are very happy talking with you.. sometimes i have seen families bonding because they do things for eachother like exchange food... doing grocery for another and so on... I am actually too lazy for all that..
    Theres nothing wrong in being introvert and you say you are trying to make more frnds.. but honestly one or two good friends are better than all 100 of FB frds..
    Dont worry too much abt making friends.. continue with your work and new hobbies everything will work out good.. do you have a good friend in india?? you can make a call to her and talk abt the good old days.. dont be too worried thinking about making good times rather than not making them only.. take care.. lots of hugs..
    Remember nothing is wrong with you... only you can take care of yourself better than anyone!!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks so much saianugraha and little sparrow.ur concern made me feel good:)

6. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

I have always had only one (real) friend at a time( 3 friends since school) and i have always been happy. i dont think Number of likes in FB or miss you messages matter that much as a heartfelt connection. I kind of hate FB/whatsapp etc and thankfully have been able to keep myself away from it. you can find friendships in most unusual places. dont stress yourself out to hunt for friendship. you may also consider to revive relationships which are gathering dust. i am sure you can find.
    and please always remember life is Always worth living. Friends or no friends, family or no family, problems or no problems. :)

2 people like this.
  7. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

1. Having friends is not life. But in life, friends do have a lot of role.
    2. Facebook is actually fakebook! There may be 1000+ friends in the list, but true friends will be hardly 10 out of 1000.
    I hate FB because it became a status now a days to show off how much they love their lives and how popular they are among people.
    But in reality they are just as tangled as you or me.

3. You cannot force friendships. And friendships made on the basis of gifts or daily calls or food is not a true or worthy friendship!

What I want to tell is, you shouldn't try to change yourself to get friends.
    Just join a gym or yoga class or maybe go to nearby park or in your neighbourhood and try to interact with people in a casual way. If they too talk and respond to you positively, you will gradually find friends who are genuinely interested to be yoyr friend and just not for the sake of having so called friends.

2 people like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you hotchiili pepper:)
    that was sweet

thanks pinky2cute,u r so practical and nice advice

9. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

hi anika!where do you live in Nova?