1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Life A Question Mark,comma,semicolon,exclamation,puzzle Or A Full Stop?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Dec 21, 2019.

1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Life is a question mark during childhood, exclamation mark during teenage years, comma during 20’s/30’s , semicolon during 40’s/50’s and heading towards full stop during 60’s/70’s and maybe 80’s.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Sln Sir,

nice to see you back here snippeting :) I meant to write to your first one as soon as you wrote but...my apologies. Glad you are better and happy that we get to read these wonderful snippets. As you speak of your wife, her profile picture comes to mind immediately! Thank you for sharing all that you have with us. What your daughter is doing is god's work. Visited the website as well. My best wishes.

You have well expressed the way various incidences happen in our lives - they all come when they choose to come. What else can we do other than ruminate over this puzzle not getting the answers still!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks.There is no age wise classification as far as punctuation marks are concerne.Tanishq Abraham an indian American child is set to start his doctorate after graduation at the age of fifteen.Sanna Martin, Finland at 34 has become the youngest prime minister of the world .On the otherhand Narasimha Rao who opted out of elections due to health reasons,became Prime minister of India at the age of seventy.
    What is important is that that there will be punctuation marks in ones life,accept them and examine how we deal with them and even alter the course of events.SLN

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rama,
    Glad to have your comments.Though unexpected twists and turns take place in our lives,on closer examination,we find that we are the architects of such events.Plan the life and work the plan will give a clear road map.Inspite of this,if life takes a different turn,handle this with equanimity and composure.Great to hear from you.
    Regards
    SLN

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

English punctuation marks are not enough to describe life. :grinning: Need to borrow some from Spanish. They put an inverted exclamation mark or question mark before, and regular exclamation, question mark after.
    ¡Hola!
    ¿But why?

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

I had no idea of the spanish speciality.Google threw up the answer.
    " In 1754, the Real Academia Española (Spanish Royal Academy) declared that a signo de apertura de exclamación (opening exclamation mark) must be used at the beginning of all exclamations, so that they could be identified easily within a text body. Although it took a while for this new rule to catch on, it has now been fully adopted into the language."
    While punctuation marks continue in life,they have lost their relevance in the current communication scenario with youngsters having scant regard for spelling,abbreviation and punctuation.
    SLN

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I also had to google it. Life is both Spanish and English. Sometimes the punctuation marks come before the event, sometimes after, and maybe both before and after. : )

Nice to read the snippet. The idea can be extended to accent marks of the French language....

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Life is universal and punctuation marks have no linguistic or geographical barriers.You may however choose to call it Amar,Akbar or Anthony.Your spanish example was interesting.
    SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

What a beautifully snippet. As I sit here this rainy, SUnday afternoon, ruminating on the 'whys' of a few things going on in my life right now, reading this brought a lump to my throat and some clarity to my mind. My sincere thanks for that.