1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it wrong to find long lost love?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by longlostlove, Jan 21, 2010.

1. longlostlove

longlostlove New IL'ite

I have been married for 8 yrs now with 2 kids. I used to have a severe crush on my cousin (aunt's son) since childhood days. To add to that, our parents used to talk infront of us we should get them married etc. So i developed crush/infatuation/love on him. Me and my cousin are both very shy so we talked rarely. After i became teenager i completely stopped talking to him due to shyness and so does he. There is not much of a age difference between us. All these years he is my only crush. We grew up and i got married to some one else. I didn't say about my feeling towards my cousin to my parents because i was not sure what is on my cousin's mind/parent's mind. I really wished he should've talked to me few times so i know what is on his mind. Any way my marriage happened now i have 2 kids. All these years i haven't forgotten about my cousin at all.

Coming to my marriage, my husband is partially good, takes good care of children. When he is mad he verbally/physically abuses me and apologizes. I never had this emotional connection with him, even after these many years i am not able to share anything to him freely. He is not a bad person.

I always wondered may be atleast i should have taken the step and should've let my cousin know my feelings. I atleast wanted his friendship so 2 years back i got his contact information and mailed him. He is not married yet. From then on we started chatting regularly. Nobody knows this except us because if our parents know it will be an awkward situation. In all these conversations we both expressed our childhood attraction etc. He also told that he felt bad when my marriage got fixed, but he was not settled at that time so he didn't had courage to say anything. Now we both are good friends we talk about family issues etc. We never crossed our limits and i am simply enjoying his company. Sometimes as a married person i wanted to maintain distance with him but if i dont login to chat he pings me 'what is wrong?' 'how long should i wait?'.

It's been 8 years since we have seen each other. More than 13 yrs since we talked to each other except the chatting from past 2 yrs. 2 weeks back in the middle of conversation he said he wants to meet me atleast once before his marriage is fixed. Seriously i wanted to meet him too, atleast an hour. I wanted to see how he changed as an adult, i want to talk to him in person. To do this,we have to plan so secretly.

The thought of meeting him makes me so happy but again i dont know whether i am making a mistake. Why am i dragging this relation? Am i expecting anything? Is he expecting anything? I know it is ethically wrong but some how i am not able to control my feelings towards him. We both know our limits and i wouldn't do anything that will hurt his/my image.

My children are my first priority but somehow why am i having feelings towards him. How should i control these feelings? My hubby never gave the emotional support i needed , is it what i am expecting from my cousin? I will never stop our friendship but please tell me is meeting him a right decision? Sometimes i tell myself i shouldn't meet him but as soon as i chat with him i change my mind. Once he is married he will have his life, what is wrong in meeting him before he gets busy? I dont want to regret in future for my decision but at the same time i dont want to let go a chance to meet him once in my life.

Please advice me.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah meet him. Invite him over to your house to have lunch or dinenr with your family i.e husband and kids..Thats the right way of meeting.

Not like the meeting you want / expecting. STOP trying to make life miserable/ complicated. You are a mother of 2 kids and what would you teach them if you cant keep control over your own emotions.

Do yourself a favour and also your cousin and his would be newly wed wife....everyone would be happy if you just STOP chatting with him all by yourself. If you want to be intouch with him..keep it like a family event.

How can you find love??? when youare already married and with the same love for your husband you had 2 kids...so what is it that you want to find with your cousin???? ask yourself!!! STOP FOOLING AROUND

3. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

It would have been different if you were not married. But now since you are, what are you expecting out of meeting him? You are trying to seek emotional solace elsewhere, and thought of your cousin who you had a crush on earlier.

If you say you wouldnt do anything to hurt his/your image, why are you doing it on the quiet? Invite him over to your house, you can tell your hubby that your cousin was in town and you invited him. Or are you hoping for something to happen? Be true to yourself.

I would suggest you stop chatting with him. Tomorrow he will get married and have his own wife and then what will you do? Wish him the best and move on.

You have a life now with your husband and kids. Why not try to work on the emotional aspect with your husband? BTW your husband should not be abusing you - if he has anger issues he needs to seek help/anger management classes, etc.

Take care dear and all the best.

4. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Nopes my dear, you cannot meet him discreetly. Irrespective of how your relation with your dh is. you are married and with kids. You are answerable to yourself more than anything else.

There is a saying in hindi 'Jis gali mein tera ghar na ho, us gali se gujarna nahi'[ dont tread on the road where you do not have your home'].

Meet him formally in presence of your dh. Who knows your feeling towards him will change after meeting him. Many a times our teenage crushes remain until we are teenagers and those traits may no longer be appealing to you anymore.:)

5. longlostlove

longlostlove New IL'ite

Thanks ladies for your replies. Yeah i know, i am thinking abnormally. Ok i will tell him it is not possible to meet. Anyway we live countries apart so it is not so easy to meet either. I am not ready to cut chatting with him. More than crush he is my friend now. I shared so many problems with him, and it is comforting to hear his advises. Seriously i am not expecting him to stay/talk with me forever. Once he is married i wont intefere in his life anymore. I am glad atleast i have few memories with him.

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

what does that mean?
    once relation starts growing there wont be any end..any which ways mens intentions could be different too.please stay away as a friend ya i am sure like others said talk to him invite to your home make your dh talk to him not this way

7. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Hey :)

There is something called as destiny. May be you were not destined to be with him for some good reason. Root of the problem is not you meeting him. It lies in building emotional connection with your DH. When you do that you let go all the feelings you have for your cousin. You say he is good person. So build it. I agree pyaar kiya ni jatha ho jatha hai ... but may be your husband is real love of your life and you did not recognise it till now ?? Crushes happen and leave.....but love stays for ever. trust destiny and let it go [​IMG]. Find your dream guy in DH.
    Call your friend home. Have lunch/dinner party with husband and kids. make his family , friends of your family. Top of that friendship is really pure relation... when you make him your friend you can easily let it go.