1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Wrong Being A Sati Savitri

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Samantha111, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Samantha111

Samantha111 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies , I got married 8 years ago. I had to slow down on my career coz his career was more imp. That is what everybody told me . Like a good wife...coz I saw my mom doing things for my family..I started making small small sacrifices but in my family people recognized the importance of my mom. I had an opportunity to travel outside of India through my company..I was doing extremely well there..But my husband decided to move to US coz his company sponsored him...I had to leave my job.... initial days were good.... But his behaviour changed when he used to see me lying downand sleeping in cold whether and he had to go to office.. he became violent at times...after some months ..I picked up a job....But it became too much coz I had to come home and do the household chores and he used to sit and watch tv. It was getting too much for me....then his parents came and his mom turned him against me... then we had a baby...I had to quit my job coz his mom said that she will not help.. I took care of the baby and then started working again...But it was getting difficult coz the kid needed me and I didn't want to trust the day cares.when I was working my husband ...I used to leave my daughter with my mom...my husband used to say that I go to office to enjoy and party...I don't go there to work...he started putting blames on me that I am having an extra marital affair and I am becoming arrogant coz I am earning a good salary. At home there were these problems and at work there was a different level of politics and I could not manage and one fine day I decided to quit. I became a stay at home mom but honestly..I am not a person who would love sitting at home..But still I tried to tel myself that I will enjoy no matter what.. I started enjoying time with my kid...Now he has a problem that I am sitting at home and the whole day all that I do is sit and eat..I am getting depressed..i never had to beg money from anyone earlier...Now even for a small thing...I have to ask him to give me money and he would show attitude and the give money..I have become a beggar....he is hardly at home...he doesn't show any interest in home activities ..I am the one doing everything indeoendantlya nd every time I tell him that he should be equally involved in house activities.. he tells me that for him work is more imp coz he needs to make sure that all the expenses are met...he is hardly at home...half the time he is travelling and when he is not travelling he is busy with his friends...I am in my mind 30's and it is so difficult to get back to work again but this is just not what I wanted in life..he travels..goes to the best of restaurants...enjoys his life while I sit back and take care of the kid..I also like going to fancy restaurants but I don't have the money....I like buying clothes for my self but he gives me just enough to manage grocery...I wish I had a bf and I would have gone out with him to diff places but alas I am just a stay at home mom...

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can totally understand how you are feeling! And I really don’t know why some men get pleasure in treating wife as a beggar.
    Will they do the same to their mom ? Never ever! But wife is a outsider you see they take Her for granted..

Tell him that you are also human and would like to experience outside world. Stay at home doesn’t mean you need to stay at home even on weekends.
    Ask him to take you to some restaurants or places. If he don’t listen to you stop cooking ! Cook only for yourself and baby...

And can you do something like baby sitting or anything which can be done at home so you can get some financial freedom at least

You know what when I’m depressed and I want to go to places which I’m not able to go , I used to wish I had a robot friend or clone of myself pretends to be a guy so I can safely go everywhere.
    Since it’s my clone , it will definitely know what I need the most!
    I wish there was really such a thing!
    AI is still taking baby steps, but one day hope we get to experience such a thing !

3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Take charge of your life stay happy and try to earn even if it with small wfh. Don't expect and don't regret. Just modify everything as per your wish.

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

don't you have access to money you earned earlier?

Samantha111 likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear your situation. I have experienced this too.The only way out of this is getting a job again if you have work permit, put the kid in a pre-school and tell your H is shut his mouth coz you are participating equally in running the household . He shouldn't care whether you party or work at office till you are sharing the financial responsibility . P
    You shouldn't have quit the job coz of whatever he was saying . Also divide chores with him. Ask him to take care of whatever he can and do that in a committed way.
    And if nothing works , a temporary separation will knock a lot of sense into his head .
    FYI- the title of your thread is very mis leading . You will probably get more suggestions and advise if you change it to an apt title .

shama146, guesshoo and Samantha111 like this.
  6. Samantha111

Hi... thanks for writing in. You know what..every weekend I tell him that we should go out...h doesn't go out coz he says that he was working the whole week and he is too tired and he wants rest. Or sometimes he would just open his laptop and get busy with office work. Every time I ask him to go out...he says that he has some pending office work that needs to be submitted...he will just find reasons to not go out coz he knows that if we will go out..he will have to spend money and he just prefers to order food from outside to keep my mouth shut.

7. Samantha111

Yeah I am just trying to find ways to earn and move out of the house.I am just looking for part time work coz Parents are not here..can't afford day cares...he is travelling mostly...he is out for a month..no one would be there...he would be having a good time..I'll be here managing in the little money that he gives me..when I ask him for more money he says that I am greedy of money and I am always asking for money..but yeah I know it is so imp to earn and be self dependant.

messedup likes this.
  8. Samantha111

All the money that I had earned earlier...we used that in buying a house...I don't have anything left...my husband has a lot of savings in his name..he keeps investing but if you ask me..the little that I had..we used that in buying a house...the situation was such that he asked me if I would like to pitch in and I willingly did it.

9. Samantha111

All the money that I had earned earlier...we used that in buying a house...I don't have anything left...my husband has a lot of savings in his name..he keeps investing but if you ask me..the little that I had..we used that in buying a house...the situation was such that he asked me if I would like to pitch in and I willingly did it.

10. Samantha111

Hi Deborah....Yeah I need to work but I am thinking of al the possible ways to manage my kid and job..coz the day I will pick up a job after some time..they will start making me feel guilty ..they will start telling me that I leave the kid in a day care...I go out a nd enjoy my self in the office..I have no care for the kid....I am a bad mom and then my husband will be extra sweet and will try and put it in my head every day that he is earning good and I should not have to worry about earning..we will live in what we have ....we don't have to die just to warn money...be happy and content with what we have and all the non sense..there were days when he used to hide my car keys, my laptop and I used to keep searching for it and every day because of something or the other I used to get late and in office I used to get my money deducted for coming late and one fine day I gave up and he was happy ..and I am sure he will do the same...and I am not even sure at this age after so much of gap..I will get a good job