1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is it worth for a marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by arthy999, Jan 22, 2010.

1. arthy999

arthy999 New IL'ite

in arranged marriage, if its gets delayed...
    is it really worth waiting until you find your right partner, without keeping age as your constraint...
    how long was your wait..what are the issues you had to go through, because of the delay and wait...eventually did you succumb to any pressure and got married or found your right partner..:thumbsup

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

never do that
    i know my friends where parents pressurised that 24 yrs is hightime and just got them married to soem xyz and trust me 70% of them are suffering where as i seen my cousins who patiently waited and got the partenr they wanted but one thing..NO MATTER ARRANGED OR LOVE NO MATTER LATE OR EARLY..you get to know only aafter marriage and some time how a person is and can turn to be

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Arranged marriages generally get delayed... cos you dont click instantly with a person for the biggest episode of your life.
    Also in love marriage only the person involved selects the spouse but in arranged marr a lot of ppl are putting in their views & hence the person has to match everyone's criteria... for even initial levels of talks to start.

Getting married to a RIGHT partner to me is a mirage!!
    The person himself or herself has to fix a target date/ expectations for himself/herself to get married & then take a call from available options... else u keep waiting for a lifetime for a MR. / MS RIGHT.

I was @ 25 when my mom went into depression for me not getting married.. so to get her out of hosp I told her ok fine I'll finalise someone by end of this month. I stood by my words. Intially she wud approve any T D H as a suitable groom & I wud end up in arguments with her.. since those weren't my criteria... but once I decided an end date for me I zeroed in on my DH by end of mnth.

4. arthy999

arthy999 New IL'ite

thanks for those quick comments.
    yeah , even i have seen many among my friends have to eventually succum to pressure as soon as they cross 25...especially if the pressure comes from parents,its intolerable and becomes sentimental...especially when we cant attend any functions..where we feel singled out..:bonk

look forward for more comments..

5. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

one of my cousins marrried at the age of 37. She is 39 now leading a happy married life with a understanding and cooperative husband. The only problem is that she could not conceive till now despite of their sincere efforts. And added to that she is getting very irregular periods sometimes late by 4 to 5 months after marriage. Before marriage she used to get regular periods.
    Hope GOD will bless her soon with a babe

6. tanid

tanid New IL'ite

one cant wait forever...else all the good ones will be taken...
    lol
    cheers
    mum of tani