1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth buying diamonds in U.S.?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by roja, Jun 19, 2005.

1. roja

roja Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to go to India shortly. I thought of buying diamonds from here and take it to India and make earrings and ring in 22K gold in a jewellery shop there.

Though I like the designs of diamond jewels here, it is all made with 18K gold and they look white and does not go well with our typical yellowish gold jewels.

Any suggestions on whether it is worth to buy diamonds from here? Is it pure and the typical diamonds like we get in India?

2. madhu_cute

madhu_cute Junior IL'ite

Good luck in buying diamonds

Hi Roja,

In the US you can buy certified diamonds - they are expensive but you get a certificate verifying their authenticity. If you are planning to buy large diamonds like 0.4 - 1 carat, then you can buy loose diamonds in US with certification and take it to India. But if you are planning to buy smaller diamonds (of less carat), you can very well buy in India for much better prices.

Good luck!

3. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

You may want to buy in India

Hi Roja,

You may want to buy diamonds in India. You can get reliable ones in Debeers or Tanishque in India. They also have stylish patterns of rings and earrings.

Last time I got a ring in Tanishque and I really liked it.

Why unnecessarily declare in customs and answer unnecessary questions when you can get equally good ones back home?

4. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

GIA certified diamonds

Roja,

You can get GIA certified diamonds in the US, as well as in India. These are good quality diamonds and the prize keeps varying with the size.

I would prefer buying it in India, if I am going to get the jewel designed and made in India :)

Happy Shopping!