1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

is it worth and cheaper to buy readymade gold jewellery in USA as compared to India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by RK0208, Oct 17, 2013.

1. RK0208

RK0208 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am from NYC .Moved to USA 6 months ago from, India. It is my first post in this forum.

I would like to buy the gold mangalsutra with small diamonds from here. I am planning to visit some of the jewellery stores in USA, one of those is Chintamani NJ.

My question is that, buying this gold jewellery in US is cheaper than in India.?
    or is it better and cheaper to by in india.?
    Is it worth buying gold ornaments here rather than India.?
    will the gold and diamonds are of pure quality her.?
    Please advise ASAP.
    Waiting for ur reply.
    Thanks in advance.

2. reachingskies

reachingskies Silver IL'ite

Re: is it worth and cheaper to buy readymade gold jewellery in USA as compared to Ind

Its better to buy gold coins or gold bars here..
    Gold ornaments are little pricey due to more labor charges here...

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: is it worth and cheaper to buy readymade gold jewellery in USA as compared to Ind

I second reachingskies. But still i heard from lot of our friends they buy big jewellery like chain,bangles in stead of stud... for big jewellery you can bargain...

But studs are considered as a piece value.

Regarding purity few of my friends said they checked with Goldsmith in India, purity wise its so good.

4. RK0208

RK0208 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for the reply guys.

I had a discussion with chintamani jewellers and from them I came to know that they will apply the same labor charges for the gold ornament as that of in India, so the price will be same as that of in india.

Whats your opinion on this. does the difference between rupees and dollar will not affect the price of the ornament.?????

Please advise.

did any of you buy anything from them, is yes please share ur experience.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013