Is it safe to visit Tirupati from Chennai this December - with Telungana issues going

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by chennai99, Nov 7, 2013.

1. chennai99

chennai99 New IL'ite

Hi
    I am visiting India in December and if given a chance would like to visit tirupati. But I heard that the crowd is crazy and even going with a travels would not guarantee Swami Dharshan.
    Could any one please give some details on a recent trip there?

which is a good travels to go with?
    Is it better to just visit Tirumala tirupati in Chennai itself? would they have tirupati laddues there in Chennai tirumala tirupati( I love those laddus in Tirupati prasad)

Please give me some ideas

2. shvain34

shvain34 Silver IL'ite

Re: Is it safe to visit Tirupati from Chennai this December - with Telungana issues g

Hi chennai99
    if u wish to visit tirupati,the crowd is something that you cannot avoid.there would be long queues.
    but u can still be assured of Swami darshan.
    i had a trip to Tirupati recently.the best way i feel is to drive on our own so it would be convenient.
    There are two routes to reach tirupati from chennai that i know of.
    one is the usual thiruthani route.other is the route through Tada via srikalahasti.the Tada route is excellent.but don't try to go without using google map.
    because if u dont know to read telugu u might as well get caught in the wrong route.
    the chennai temple is extremely good,but the best Swami darshan would always be in Tirupati.
    the laddus i heard can be got in the Chennai temples on Saturdays.

3. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Is it safe to visit Tirupati from Chennai this December - with Telungana issues g

Hi I recently travelled to India to visit Tirupathi. Just after we reached there, terrorists capture, strike... every thing happened...First 15 days daily flash news about terrors there....no travels were ready to take us there...
    I was so scared and prayed to show us some path to reach there...I gave all my fears to his feet and once we heard that public transportation started there,we immediately booked via Parveen travels from chennai. We took our daughter with high fever and the value of our visit to the temple has been multiplied exponentially after too much waiting to see HIM...
    In the GOD's name, we all came back home safely...my prayers got fulfilled, gave hair offerings from kids...
    After 7 years of block due to various reasons, we were able to make it to temple this time...
    Parveen travels started from early morning 4.30 fro chennai and reached back by the same night 11.30
    Worth booking through this...
    Wish you all the best to have a good peaceful Darshan!

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Me going to Tirupathi this vacation...

Edukondala vada venkataramana...govinda...gooovinda....I leave it to him.

5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I visited only last week; i depended on public transport(bus) only. Everything is normal and there was the usual crowds too.