1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to use condoms?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by avita, Sep 19, 2011.

1. avita

avita Senior IL'ite

Hi frnds...
    Am 23 yrs old and my DH in 27 yrs old and its almost one year since we got married. We are not ready for kid now. We are using condoms for birth control.I have regular periods but with severe pain.I had a pelvic section x-ray for that and reports said that everything is very normal.I wanted to know few things,pls try answering my questions.
    Does using condoms has any side effects?
    Will it reduce the chances of getting pregnant when i want to?
    I think i'l be ready for a kid wen am 26,is it ok?

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi, yes its safe to use it when u don't want to get pregnant and it won't have any side effects and will not reduce the chance of pregnancy when u want to conceive.All the best.

3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

it is 99% safe to use..it doesnt have any side effects..it will not surely reduces ur chances of getting pregnant..be happy..enjoy as always:)

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

It's my understanding that using a condom alone as birth control is only 85% efffective. If you use a spermicide (foam, jelly or cream) with it, it is then 99% effective. These forms of birth control have no long term negative effects and the only problems might be allergic sensitivities.

5. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Hi

Safe Sex Myth: Two condoms are better than one and none!

Facts : Condoms are for safe sex; user fault is the number one reason a condom fails, which results to unwanted pregnancy and sexual transmitted disease. Using two condoms can cause friction between them and weaken the material, increasing the chance that the condoms might break.

Do not blame the condom, it broke…! It’s the improper use. “Correct use of one condom does the job required.”

Think Safe Sex..

Thanks

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Condom are 100% safe with no side effect...and for kids it's ur wish when u feel you are ready..