1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Possible To Love 2 People at the same time?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Neha1911, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Best , now that you have decided to distance yourself.
    What are your fears about cutting this frendship? .

How to -? many ways. Best is - if the other perosn is good, n decent - may be you could tell him what you really feel n let him know that its not right spoiling two other lives. And you both canot live with peace with that knowledge. Tell him - how long do we think this will go? what would be the next step? or do we have to be secretive for ever?? this shd make him think abotu what next? And tell him your plans - be nice, dont get emotional..(hearign his voice - will change, these are just on surface..willl defenetely go away). You can tell him after this meeitng - youw ould ocmpletely close everything. And then do it. first twothree days or a week may be takes itme , you will be made guilty .but stick to your decision. keep remindiing yourself that you have to stick to your decision, and that you are in a testing phase which will end soon - you have to proove to yourself that you can do it and will nto go week. well you know ...it will be easy now that your marital issues are being resolved and you n hub are trying to bring back the love. This will keep you motivated.

are you scared - if the other perosn might spread rumors or make a fuss? ....if you doubt it .......let us know.........may be some one will knwo how to deal with that kind. or worried if he gets emotional n makes you feel guilty?

edit: you may be asked - why sudden change n what happened t o this all these days - you could say -
    People do mistaked with out knowing what they are doing - but once they realize it - it will be hard for them to cintinu doing it. Even if i continue doign this - with this knowledge i will not be able to be normal with the you - whichwill get us no where,...
    aah thats all...strained my tiny brain hard so early in the morning. let me go eat a dozen no two D please... puri :)

3 people like this.
  2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Looks like his intentions to protect his family are as strong as yours. May not be a problem to let go after all.

3. Neha1911

Neha1911 Senior IL'ite

I know he will get emotional and try to make me feel guilty as you say Naksh. I don't think he will want to spread any rumors because his family life will be at risk as is mine. I think the best thing would be for me to send him an e-mail expressing my feelings about everything and my wish to focus solely on my own marriage and tell him that it's best we give this relationship a rest. Subsequently I won't respond to any e-mails or phone calls because I know that would prompt him call me constantly.

4. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

We all make mistakes in our lives at some point but it doesn't mean that we deserve to spend the rest of our lives unnecessarily suffering for those mistakes, so I would have to say it may not be such a good idea to tell your husband about this occurrence just yet. Although your husband did similar, the two of you are now putting that aside and moving on and introducing this new issue to him might set back your relationship again. The choice remains with you though, if you feel he can handle it without constantly brigning it up in every disagreement you have for the rest of your life. The most important thing is that you realized where you went wrong and you are trying to change it. Some folks are quick in condemning you for your actions, but I commend you for knowing that you made a mistake and trying to change. We are all human and make mistakes. I hope you succeed with your breakup plan. Good luck

5. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

Here's my (EDIT: semi -) detailed analysis of the issue -

AND

No mention of guilt or wanting to break away anywhere. The question is, is it possible to love 2 people simultaneously? You're not done with this other guy yet. You're still in love with him. Deeply in love with him. At least until (Yesterday 11:20 PM).

Secondly, if you genuinely love your husband, as you claim you do ( which I disagree ), what is the harm in telling him the truth? After all, love conquers all, doesn't it? You were drawn to this other guy when your husband was messing around with his past, I'm sure he'll understand, get past his hurt and eventually let bygones be bygones. So, why aren't you revealing the truth to him? Again, because you're deeply in love with this other guy. At least until (Yesterday 11:20 PM).

Thirdly, this other guy isn't just another online guy you met in an internet chat room. Your families know each other. This introduces so much complexity in the problem.

Lastly, I have not an iota of sympathy for you. I feel for your husband instead. I feel for him because he doesn't know that the love meant for him is being shared with someone else. He doesn't know that the place meant for him in your heart is also being shared by someone else. From my understanding of life, it is impossible to construct a solid structure on a platform built on lies and deceit. This relationship has lies written all over it. At least until (Yesterday 11:20 PM).

You're not done with your mistake yet, it's a mistake in progress. I rest my case.

2 people like this.
  6. Neha1911

Neha1911 Senior IL'ite

IndianFunTube,

You are right about everything you said about me except the part where you claim I don't love my husband. You can think all the bad things about me and you would be right because I am a bad person, but you are so wrong when you say I don't love my husband. I do love my husband very much, hence the reason I never got physical with this guy. My husband was having an affair with another woman and he neglected me and set me aside like a stranger for a very long time. I know I was wrong to confide all my issues to another man and I know I am wrong for falling for that other man. Despite everything that happened I never stopped loving my husband and hence the reason I never got physical with the other guy. Do you think if I didn't love my husband I would be trying to make my marriage work? I would have gotten a divorce long time ago. Despite the majority of advices here that I should not tell my husband, I will tell him after I make this 2nd relationship final. I will tell him that he hurt me by having an affair with another woman and I am forced to have memories of that for the rest of my life, whenever I go to bed with him, and that I made a mistake to seek refuge in someone else but despite all my hurt I never crossed the line to be physical with that person. If after that he doesn't want me then that is his choice.

You say I love this other guy and I say yes. In all of my posts I have never denied loving him or said that I miraculously stopped loving him. But I admit I made a mistake in doing that and I wish to stop the relationship. If all of this makes me a bad person and a great sinner, then that I am.

5 people like this.
  7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Umm do you know the guy socially and personally and chat with him online ??? Having deep feelings for virtual friend is weird.
    Anyway you have to decide what you wish to do, break up two marriages, his and your own and live happily ever after or not.
    But its difficult to carry on like this as truth tends to emerge sooner or later then you could be in a fix.

8. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

@Neha

My intention is not to make you look bad. I'm just presenting my unbiased analysis of the situation. If it requires me to be critical, I will be and that it the way it should be. You're not a bad person. No one is a bad person in my opinion. We're all a victim of our circumstances, good or bad.

Content Edited.

2 people like this.
  9. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Neha, irrespective of what others think or say, you know your past with your husband and the reason and cause for all this trouble. You also know the solution to it now. You are on the right path and have made the right decisions to deal with it all. So ignore all other unwanted thoughts and deal with the problem at hand.

If you have heard enough on this thread, you can request the moderator to close it.
    Wish you the best dear. Hope you work things out.

2 people like this.
  10. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Neha,

Whatever reasons brought you to this juncture, perhaps you know that it is time to act? It is best to resolve it and deal with the consequences...good luck.