1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is it possible to live with such a man?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nmtkar123, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Its really sad that your DH does not go out with you , I would rather feel if the relationship is good otherwise, spouse are best companion always

2. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

If this is the only major issue of divergence in your life/marriage, try to look past it. Making separate plans is, imo, a drastic step and a last resort.

Instead of looking up to him to take the leadership, why don't you make plans? He may tag along. Dunno if you tried that. Summer is here, you can always plan day trips and events with other friends like family outings.

My experience with friends whose husbands fit the description you give, come out of their shell after a few events. Try to set the tone by planning a few events with other families. Involve people whose company he likes.

3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear
    What you are telling is not looking very strange to me. It is very common behaviour I have seen in men here ( South India) who are conservative or traditional minded like this because of growing up and these ideas getting into their head because all their fathers and grandfathers and uncles all behave same way with wife. They think wife is for cooking, looking after kids, keeping house clean etc. And not happy companions for going out together. Some men even think it is not "Manly" to go shopping with wife.But they will be very happy and merry with friends. I know many middle age men like this.

Some newly married men think they should not project image of "henpecked husband" so they will not go out too much with wife, especially if they live with joint family or living near relatives.

But it is not symptom that he is not loving the wife. Some husbands cannot "show" love thats all.

Don't worry for minor things like this if otherwise he is good man. After some years, husbands will change.

Best of luck.

4. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

u r right ushkrish u hav just nailed the problem he has never taken responsibility and has no intention either. i am the man in the house i am just the opposite of him but sure i can find alternatives but is this why i married is it worth it after 14 yrs ive had it!

5. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

Sarma and Swarnlata
    i agree with u 100% and i hav tried all things u suggested i am ready to take initiative but he is not interested if i hav to liv by myself why not just do that . atleast its not a mystery why?

6. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

I would recommend that you guys go out with friends and perhaps that will make your DH feel that he is with male friends and it may turn out to be a nice experience.
    If that doesn't work then, you can go with a few of your lady friends and call it a gals day out!! Enjoy Life!

OOPALL.