1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it POSSIBLE for a Guy to be Bachelor Forever in India ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jatin656, Nov 4, 2013.

1. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

Hey. I Don't know if it is the right forum to post as a guy but i just wanted to share something.
    Indian society is so different than others. People here expect you to go along with what they consider the "Natural order of things". Like getting married and having kids.
    Lets be clear. I have no desire to ever get married or have kids. I decided it way back when i was 10 years old and haven't changed my mind since and probably never will.
    So, just yesterday, my mom brought the subject about marriage and it grew into an argument.
    I don't want much from life. I just want a good job and some money so that i could help poor people as much as i could. That is what i always wanted. I don't think having a family would make happy at all.
    Plus. I have a family which is so close to me so why would i need to make my own ?
    What possibly could a wife and a kid bring ?
    I have seen married men and they look so stressed and have so many responsibilities.
    Sorry, ladies. My post went too long and i apologize if i offended anyone with my post.
    My genuine question is.
    What's so good about having a wife and kids ?
    And Is it possible for a guy to be bachelor forever ?

1 person likes this.

2. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Why r u thinking so negatively about marriage.as u r saying examples of ur brother,is ti with ur family too your dad and mom.
    marriage depends upon love,affection and trust.

3. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

It is very much possible and lead a good life also without marriage.

Late Kamaraj, Vajpayee and our latest Modi are good examples

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It is possible. There are tons of confirmed bachelors even in India.

It it is neither fair on you or the girl if either of you isn't interested in getting married. Bit perverse as it may sound, to the previous generation one big incentive for marriage is the physical intimacy bit. I guess your fathers amusement stems from his assumption that somewhere down the line you are going to want it too.

Marriage is a very personal thing. The views on it vary from person to person. I wanted companionship. Someone I could come home to and have a chat with about my day. It wasn't until I was married for about 8 years that I even remotely felt I wanted a child.

Perhaps your views will change. Perhaps you will meet a lovely person whom you want to share your life with. Perhaps none of that will happen and you'd want to be by yourself. Only you can decide when the time comes.

8 people like this.
  5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

why not, it is common for many men. Your parents took so lightly as they dont thik you are very serious. You might have said about this first time to your parents.

6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

It is all a state of mind. You can be married and still be a bachelor too..

wink wink

2 people like this.
  7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

If you don't mind me asking, why exactly would you not want to marry? I hope your reasons are right.

Are you the only son/child for parents? My mum had this idea of adopting a baby at the age of 50. I got married the next year and conceived in 3 months. She gave up the idea of adopting, I think all she wanted was to spend lots if time with a baby. My mum got to spend uninterrupted 1.5 yrs with my daughter....to her hearts content!

Does your mom have excessive fascination for babies? Could that be the reason?

8. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

But they are all big, powerful people. They rarely get judged by society as a whole. I have yet to see a simple common guy living a life he wants to live in India.

9. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

Well. If you look at it THAT way. btt

10. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

Well. Firstly I am not a huge Fan of what people call Love. I don't even believe in it and secondly i have always preferred to live alone. Even when i was in School, i loved my personal space. And thirdly. I don't understand women at all.:bonk

Are you the only son/child for parents?
    Nope. I have a brother.

Does your mom have excessive fascination for babies? Could that be the reason?

Well. I don't know about that. It was just a random conversation which start from nowhere and got little deep. I know, my age is not even enough to fit in what Indian government has set for a guy to marry. But i am mature enough to know how my future would be like and what i would like to do i guess.

But there is a deep rooted mentality in India for marriage and kids and it kind of sucks you know.

1 person likes this.