1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it necessary to provide dinner at a kid's bday party?

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Raks, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Raks

Raks New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Am planning to have a bday party for my 3 yr old in a few days.Am really lost as I havent really planned a party and I'm not really good at such things! Most of the posts in IL indicate that kids bday parties are usually combined with a dinner party .Is it a norm ?If I give a party in the afternoon,provide filling snacks,drinks with cake and finish off by 7 P.M..will people take offence to that?
    Am really clueless about the correct thing to do,as I dont attend parties nor have I given any before.I'm doing this for my DD..and I really need all ur suggestions and support..please help!

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

If I'm inviting just the kids that my children go to school with, I won't have a dinner party...just have what you described.

But I do add on a dinner party when I invite my Indian friends and family....since

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    u can plan b'day party without providing dinner.yes,an late afternoon party generally does not extend upto dinner time.
    but,if u are inviting whole family i.e mom,dad & kids then i think going for evening party with dinner is best.
    generally,kids from 1 to 6 years are accompanied by moms so i invite mom & kids for party & not dads.it generally starts around 4 & ends by 7pm.it includes items like few dry snacks (samosa,spring rolls ,pizza etc ) heavy snacks (pav bhajji,channa-tikki,idli-dosa,panipur chaat etc),cake & icecream to end it.
    the kids get their goodies bag which can include a small toy or colours or any other item ( according to budget )plus some sweets (toffees or choclates)
    pragati