1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it necessary to provide dinner at a kid's bday party?

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Raks, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Raks

Raks New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Am planning to have a bday party for my 3 yr old in a few days.Am really lost as I havent really planned a party and I'm not really good at such things! Most of the posts in IL indicate that kids bday parties are usually combined with a dinner party .Is it a norm ?If I give a party in the afternoon,provide filling snacks,drinks with cake and finish off by 7 P.M..will people take offence to that?
    Am really clueless about the correct thing to do,as I dont attend parties nor have I given any before.I'm doing this for my DD..and I really need all ur suggestions and support..please help!

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

If I'm inviting just the kids that my children go to school with, I won't have a dinner party...just have what you described.

But I do add on a dinner party when I invite my Indian friends and family....since

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    u can plan b'day party without providing dinner.yes,an late afternoon party generally does not extend upto dinner time.
    but,if u are inviting whole family i.e mom,dad & kids then i think going for evening party with dinner is best.
    generally,kids from 1 to 6 years are accompanied by moms so i invite mom & kids for party & not dads.it generally starts around 4 & ends by 7pm.it includes items like few dry snacks (samosa,spring rolls ,pizza etc ) heavy snacks (pav bhajji,channa-tikki,idli-dosa,panipur chaat etc),cake & icecream to end it.
    the kids get their goodies bag which can include a small toy or colours or any other item ( according to budget )plus some sweets (toffees or choclates)
    pragati