1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it co-incidence or something fishy? Please clarify !!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SGBV, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Exactly! But you see she sees satan in our Hindu God. Her monoathiest faith or whatever it is teaches her this!
    If you believe in the existence of your own God why should you feel any kind of threat from any other faith/beliefs?
    This just showcases the loopholes in your faith.

2. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

SGBV,

Did you ever notice. You explained about your religion and practices. You called our religion and practices unnatural/weird. Not even one poster commented about your religion nor practices. We hindu's have faith and respect for all the religions. We give the same respect to other gods as our gods.

6 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Gals, let us keep up that respect and that tolerance and just leave it at that. we stated our views and some of them did not go well with the op. it is fine.

I believe it is better to stay away when somebody wants to prove that their way of thinking is right or will want you to agree to what they state.

@keet i know....

9 people like this.
  4. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

True Shanvy ma'am.

Let us all leave this here.

Even if the OP comes back and further spews venom here, let's just finish this here.

It is not a general discussion thread but rather the OP's life. If she wishes to bring up her children with these kind of teachings and values, then its her choice.

3 people like this.
  5. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Yes! you are correct mam.

2 people like this.
  6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

@shanvy , I agree with you, there is no point in this discussion.
    @keet, I got u girl! Had same thoughts.

7. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

That is the way it should be, whatever the religion may be.

No reason at all. If one reads History properly and carefully, in Hinduism ( I am a practising Hindu), before the advent of Buddhism and Jainism, there were no taboos linked to eating non veg food and women with periods entering Pooja etc,

After the birth of Buddism , which preaches pure vegetareanism and segregation of sexes in their places of worship, the contemporary Hindu saints, were in fear that Hinduism may become extinct. So, powerful and spreading was Buddism. Then, the Hindu Saints introduced things like pure vegetareanism etc (recall Lord Krishna eating fish fry from a fisherman).

The ideal way of worshiping God should be the way in which you are doing. Yes, I agree with you, it is the purity one feels at heart, not at the body level.

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    You dont have to get scared of dinosaurs when you know that they do not exist. Hope you got the point.
    Next, we have a freedom of choice, and we have own set of practices, in fact unique and diverse. Hinduism is not a religion, but a way of life, drawing so many things from all the eras from scientific facts to practical reasons. Our periods never stopped us calling God, it is just a set up to give women rest. Things have gone in the wrong way down the lane, but keeps correcting again. Lord Krishna could not stop himself just because Draupati had her periods. Vastu is again a science, metals used have their own powers. You cannot expect plastic to be of same value to copper. Of course, faith plays a vital role, still when used the right way, it can do miracles. Even in hinduism we have sects, and varied practices. It is not that I am trying to make you agree to what I say, but that does not mean there are things that do not have meanings but still are practiced because we are weird.

9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Op,

what I understood from your post is that you are pretty pissed off by the threats and statements made by your in laws regarding your non-compliance with the daily duties. At the same time you are worried about the recent chain of events that have occurred. to me, the decision you and your h have taken jointly seems correct. In your present situation this would be the sane and reasonable way to proceed.

OP, now leave this matter. I feel your friends statements about the pooja room non maintanence has struck a nerve in you, you are unable to get the possibility out of your mind. Combined with this, you dont really understand what your h is doing with respect to his religion, the rationale behind it or where exactly he is going with whatever he is doing. Your friend's statement combined with your lack of understanding of what h is doing has created this confusion and an irrational fear in you about your family safety. Now you are so fed up of the whole thing that you are lashing out at us here and at them at home. You know, this is how blind beliefs and superstitions arise in people -- from irrational fears rooted in non-understanding.

OP, just calm down. Put this fear of bad things happening to your family out of your mind now, once and for all. Just shake it off and refuse to entertain such thoughts anymore. Stick to the decision you have jointly taken with your h. Since you dont believe in the rituals, any non-compliance and any consequences thereof are a total non issue.

1 person likes this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much for rightly understanding me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.