1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is It An Infection ?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by shravs3, Jul 17, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Two weeks ago , I had visited an eye doctor for my glasses. After the vision test , within 2 days I noticed some itchy feeling and light pain in the left eye. And when I wake up I feel my eye lids are slightly swollen and I feel like rubbing my eyes and swelling reduces gradually .

I feel my eyes were infected due to that eye checkup.

Is it really because of those instruments which where not sterilised properly ? Or some other reason .

Any home remedies ? Sometimes I am applying castor oil but still I’m feeling uneasiness

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear @shravs3,

It is unlikely that you got infected at the Opthalmologist's place. The signs you mentioned are more of an allergy/ conjunctivitis. Can you go back to your Opthalmologist for a check up? Till then I would suggest you to try oral antihistamine to get some relief.

Have you recently tried some new cosmetic or how old is your eye-makeup? Allergy can also happen due to dust, pollen and so on. Stay away from cosmetics till you feel better.Take care.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Adharv, shravs3 and messedup like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Geeta. But my eyes are not pinkish though . Only when I get up it will be little swollen later the swelling reduces . But some times I feel itchy .I haven’t used any new eye makeup products though. This is happening only after my vision test . Till then there was nothing of that sort.

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Allergy need not give a pink eye. Check even your bedding since you wake up with swollen eyelids. There is a remote chance of infection or allergy to some drops used at the clinic to dilate the pupil.You still have to go back to them since this is your first episode.

shravs3 likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sure will also try changing the sheets..

6. allahlocket

allahlocket Guest

Ear infections may be caused by viruses or bacteria, and are more common in people with weakened immune systems. Ear infections in adults are typically caused by germs, such as viruses, a fungus, or bacteria. The way a person becomes infected will often determine the kind of infection they get.Oct 23, 2017

7. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Looks like some form of allergy rather than infection.There can be some type of discharge in infection although it can happen in severe allergies too.
    Do not run your eyes as it might further irritate the conjunctiva and cause redness.
    May be over counter antihistamine eye drops(example olapatidine) or oral antihistamines will be helpful.Do not let the eye get dry.You can use eye drops like refresh tears for that.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Oops i just realised it was posted in July.
    Hope you are fine now

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry that was no where related to ears. It was eye infection

10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks that’s ok..
    I went to opthalmologist and got to know that it was some allergy. Yes he prescribed some eye drops and now it’s fine