1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is it advisable to have oats / cornflakes for dinner ???

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by divshiri87, Feb 5, 2014.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am on the way to reduce my weight. I have PCOS and trying to reduce weight with that. I am doing Yoga daily for atleast 30 mins to 1 hr. I have doubt, hope i will get good suggestions.
    Is it advisable to have oats / cornflakes for dinner? If not, what is best for dinner which helps in reducing weight?

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Sounds fine to me! There is a saying, have dinner like a pauper!

3. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Divshri,
    IMO cornflakes better avoid during weight loss.
    If your breakfast and lunch are carb rich, you shd avoid oats for dinner.

Other wise i feel oats are ok for dinner. U can try to add some soups/salads.

4. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Marun and nimmi for your reply.
    Nimmi, usually i have either idly, dosa / upma for breakfast. Rice for lunch with some veggie.. Eve sometimes i will have snacks. But at night, i want to have food which is easily digestable and which helps in reducing weight. so i am not sure which food helps in reducing weight at dinner. Reg breakfast and lunch, i need to plan something which helps in reducing weight.
    Can any of you suggest me good food for dinner which help in reducing weight?

5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would say eat a little bit of oats with lots of veggies(like oats upma) and some dal/dahi/salad/fruits. Best to reduce the carb and increase the protein at dinner. Lots of healthy recipes on the weight loss friends 2013 tried and tested recipes thread. Moong dal idlis, adai(with beans alone), lentil soups, salads, upma with less rava and lots of veggies are all good options. With dosa/idli I do eat dal or channa or something but if you want to keep it light yo can eat it with some healthy home made chutney powder.
    Corn flakes are not great for dinner. The sugars in it will spike your blood sugar and then drop it suddenly making you hungry later on.