1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It A Friendship Betrayal?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by YaminiOm, Sep 30, 2018.

1. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

From where does she get the time to involve so much in your life??!! Does she have a family? From your posts looks like your h and your friend are in touch every minute!! You are a common subject, an excuse for them to talk to each other... How come her H is not aware of her talking to your h regularly??
    Your H and your friend both are at fault... Just because it’s a platonic relationship it doesn’t mean that it’s divine... any relationship which affects others lives is not a good one... Even if they stop talking to each other, your H will have a hangover of that friendship!!
    As it is for men except their wives all other ladies are ideal wives... Now he has an easy example... I don’t know what to say.. I feel bad for your situation.. Your H needs to realise that he is wrong... You or counsellor telling is not going to get into his head.. All the best to you!!

YaminiOm likes this.
  2. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Op, First you talk to her husband, and ask him to stop her talking to your husband and messing up your life.
    Regarding reunion messup, just think your husband boozed and someone held him and the picture. when you see the picture what would you feel? Forget about your husband's explanations. what kind of assurance you would need from him to get convinced, think from that point and give him assurance.

YaminiOm likes this.
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I am sure you are not proud of this. You could have prevented the whole thing, if you told your husband (right after the incident or immediately returning home) and told him that you felt ill after getting drunk and helped by two people, a guy and a lady.

YaminiOm likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

This is where you should have acted. You should have brought these conversations to your H's attention and confronted with him for talking filthy stuff with your friend.
    If he denies, you should have made him call that friend, and ask why the hell did she pull his name here?
    Let them resolve the issue at your presence, so you know who is the culprit.
    If it is her, go to her H straight away and ask him to put his wife in the right place, else his family will have to face the consequences. Both you and your H could do that warning jointly.

If your H is with her in this drama, take it as Husband's betrayal instead of friend's betrayal. Deal with this issue from that point on.

A similar issue happened at my home too. My co-sis one day told me that my H talks all the bad stuff about me with her and others at home, and why all this happening.
    She went on to say that "I know your marriage is not good, but never expected it to be this bad. How come you even bear with such a man who speaks ill about you"
    Exactly like your friend, she also told me that she was not suppose to share these with me, as my H didn't want them to open up anything with me. But she still felt like telling me.

After hearing this, I was mad at my H.
    I cried and had a big fight with him for speaking ill about me with his folks. He denied, but I did not trust.
    So, he rushed to their place and brought her and BIL to our home, and questioned.
    He made them promise, to which co-sis denied the fact that she ever discussed this with me.
    But at the same time, I was clear that my H didn't speak ill, as he was honest and brave unlike co-sis who changed words and staged drama.
    Nevertheless, that incident made us cut all the ties with them, and here we are happy without such nonsense in our life.

5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There is no ambiguity here. This person is not your friend.

SinghManisha, Sunshine04 and YaminiOm like this.
  6. YaminiOm

YaminiOm Junior IL'ite

No reasons, possibly to tease.

7. YaminiOm

YaminiOm Junior IL'ite

I believe no.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

yaar I dont get one thing. If we drink too much, we puke. A friend/acquaintance usually helps in the form of leading us to the washroom or if its inaccessible, at least hold our hair back when we puke. Generally this is how it happens in reality.

Two things:
    1. Your husband is too narrow minded to accept that his wife drinks
    2. some dumb BitXX takes a picture on your phone (read the B word, she is not a friend, if this answers your initial question)
    3. and you...you who did not delete it.
    ok so thats 3 things.

The unlucky stars now aligned perfectly. You know your husband. Why dont know consider sitting with him understanding where the issue is from? To me, it seems like he is taking this picture as an excuse into re-creating your life (religious life) in the way you are not comfortable with. Its not the picture. Unless the picture is of you hugging or kissing, I dont see that being an issue. Helping a puking person is a socially accepted behaviour.

shravs3, SinghManisha and YaminiOm like this.
  9. YaminiOm

YaminiOm Junior IL'ite

When all this was happening she was in bench yet onsite and later she came India on a long holiday. Thank you so much.

10. YaminiOm

YaminiOm Junior IL'ite

I accept also i wasn't justifying to my h for my booze and the pic. I apologised many times. And I thought things were settling and all of a sudden she called me and I strongly believe her intervention has aggreviated the mole. In between last year I went on a 3 weeks business trip to northern European nation, I didn't tell her about the trips and she contacted me the day I reached home and enquired whether I went wit that guy, my h is so restless and she didn't know how to console my h. I asked her did you say that baiya your wife is not like that you're destroying your marriage with your imagination? She replied it's your duty to save your marriage, why you expect me to talk sugary words.My BP gone high.