is IT a boon or a curse for Indian People

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by deepakarthik, Apr 3, 2007.

1. deepakarthik

deepakarthik New IL'ite

Hi all,

I know everyone of you here must have debated on this topic many times. this may be new for some and old for some. Why not we start it over again???

We can noticethe sudden growth of IT in India in the last few years. Extensive Manpower, long Working Hours, Hard working People and Less Salary - qualities of Indian Worker..

These are the one and only qualities which makes other countries look upon us! IT is proving to be a major success and profitable business in India. One side it is enhancing Indians status and the other side making some lose their cultural values...

What are your opinions. We can share some useful information on this topic. Hope u like this new discussion!

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey there

well i wud say that IT has enhanced status of many Indians and it is definitely a Boon for us, as there is a huge demand of IT pros all over the world... this has improved Indian economy to a great extent with all the Foreign exchange coming in the country. Indians are Intelligent, smart brainy people, India has great talent, has one of the best technical and management colleges, which is why we'll have, not one but many silicon valleys in future...

now coming to "losing cultural values", that depends on individual prefrences... one has to be above the influence to preserve the values and culture of their country...
    An organisation gives an oppurtunity to its employees to go abroad and work with the best of other organisations, so one should make most of the oppurtunity and after a reasonable period of time, come back to their own country, rather than settling in foriegn lands...

everyone must be having a different opinion on this matter, i have written mine...

take care
    ~Abha