Is India justified in resuming talks with Pakistan?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by IL_Admin, Jul 19, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

That is right ,Peatree.But which party in India would make things happen?I think there is no one around now unless some revolutionary thing happens.

2. AmyR

AmyR New IL'ite

Why not. I believe any issue can be resolved by talks and discussions as long as it is done by whole heart. I think every person and every country is sick and tired of terrorism, even Pakistan. I believe Pakistan is as much affected by the acts of Terrorism as India and America. I am no politician, but I honestly believe even Pakistani government does not know what to do.

One thing India can do is to stop hiring corrupt people for the top positions in all law and order positions and reward people who do their jobs honestly. There is no way that intelligent Indians can't find a way to stop terrorism in India. Take America for example, one act of terrorism was enough for them to get their act together and do whatever they could to not let that happen again so far.

Amy R.

3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Yeah ! Army rule for a few years. Throw all these political slimebag netas in prison, recover all illegally deposited money abroad, deliver merciless justice to all antisocials .

:rant

Hang democracy. It has become a big nautanki. Half of us people dont vote at all, quarter of us sell votes for money, other part vote for goondas who promise favours. In sum totally, may be FOUR people will be voting for someone who will do good for country. So look at the kind of rascal leaders we finally get !:rant:rant:rant

Sometimes I almost feel we should have Bal Thakray as PM. He is half mad, I know. But at least he has a stand and courage to talk straight and issue threats, instead of beating around the bush and talking polite nonsense.

:bang

4. meenabalan

meenabalan New IL'ite

Hi all in this discussion

Whatever be the case it is not good and diplomatic enough for a senior political leader to snap the talks abruptly and return to India. It has now become a kind of political mockery [are we afraid of them or its our nature to let all important things loose] of what Mr.S.M Krishna has done. Unless until had there been a security threat he should not have returned in the middle. We should be very stoic in dealing with our enemies.We should be patient at the same time int:helpelligent to achieve our goals.
    We should again freshly resume our peace talks atleast for the sake of people who are dying everyday in Kashmir

meenabalan

5. Sobzi

Sobzi New IL'ite

Hi guys, i just wanna say that i have been with Indus for about a year now and although i have never commented on the forum i read all the articles which i think are fantastic!! :thumbsup

This particular thread has caught my interest and thus i've finally decided to comment, firstly i think the governments of pakistan and india are a joke, it seems they're hardly qualified to be in the roles they are, we can see clearly that power and money has gone to their heads, they're both corrupt, they only need to ask the intelligent honest public (not the hooligans which are just looking to blame their neighbour!)

I think im right when i say that India and Pakistan need to form peace with one another as it looks to me that the western world is just putting salt on our wounds by not letting us forgive and forget...i know it is hard but our countries are just not going to move forward if they do not!! I am pretty sure that the poor people around the borders who probably talk to their kashmiri neighbours are all friends with each other because they know that the 2 countries cannot resolve who's kashmir is, is anyone listening to them?? I mean why cant they be their own country - im sure they'd be happy with it.....

As a person living in the UK, I see the outside, both countries bickering and the west rich countries laughing at them because we still have not resolved out problems since how long?? (ive lost count! lol)

Before the west believes they have 'found' something in india or pakistan and tear the 2 into shreads like the poor iraqi's and afghani people, i believe
    this is the time that both countries unite :kiss:kiss and kicks terrorism butt and shows the west that 'O balle! we are united and we can look after our own land..eastern style, so tussi niklo from here!!'

HAHA! :wave: - YOO HOO hello my pakistani and indian neighbours!!!
    Oh by the way...just like to point out I have lots of pakistani and indian friends who agree and we like to stick out for each other here in the UK, so why not do it back home to on a global scale and show the rest of the world too!?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  6. Bibek

Bibek New IL'ite

:)Well,Of course YES.There is no other way out.Regarding the outcome of the talks..never mind,it's just like that.It is diplomacy beyond our reach to understand the exact reason behind such moves b'coz the moves are guided by several things other than those having direct impact on the talks.So,my humble suggestion is not to take it too seriously.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

In my opinion nothing concrete is going to happen through these talks. The people in both countries like to live in peace with cordial relationship, but those who are in power in Pakistan are in a belligerent mood.
    US is just acting as 'Palukkum Kaval Punaikkum thozan.' US should pressurize Pak to take action on the perpetrators of 26/11.
    As long as ISI is instigating and supporting the terrorists a permanent solution seems impossible through peace talks.

8. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> is a failed state. There is no institution called Democracy in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region>. There is only a demon called the military. It is the military which decides when and how to attack <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. It is forever planning to harm <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> and planning either intrusions in <st1:place w:st="on">Kashmir</st1:place> or bomb blasts in Indian cities or 26/11 attacks.
    Pakistani rulers are not at all sincere in talking to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. They are always seeking concessions from <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place> which they can feed to their public and shore up their stock.
    If you carefully look at Pervez Musharaff visit or the Sharm-el-Sheikh joint statement or the recent S M Krishna visit, you can see that the Pakistani establishment is not sincere, does not play by international diplomatic norms and is simply seeking to score brownie points against India. There is a reason for it. The present establishment (both military and civilian) will gain nothing by solving the <st1:place w:st="on">Kashmir</st1:place> issue – which is something that keeps the fires burning in their kitchens.

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I think if India is stern and clear on its say, Pakistan cannot play like this.Why is India not taking any stern actions.This will force Pakistan's play to come out in public and also US's game to come out in public.We have nothing but to hope that we have strong leaders to lead the country.Shame on us that we have left this issue hanging around for so many years.

10. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

I really don't think there is anything to talk about as everytime Pakistan comes on the negotiating table as wolves in sheep clothing.... Pakistan is ruled by ISI and ISI is in turn funding terror in India... as the wikileaks story I think all talks should stop till Pakistan withdraws all its anti Indian terrorist acts.
    On our side also we should have more serious dedicated officials who can stand up and not be bullied... the main problem in our country is that our politicians are clowns and puppets and more worried about filling their pockets than fighting for the nation...
    K