Is Genius genetic or sheer hard work or Luck?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by kanaka, Dec 25, 2007.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

I laways wonder which part of the brain is responsible for being 'Genius'.Can
    people with silver spoon become a genius? kanaka

2. vijirajeshwar

vijirajeshwar New IL'ite

Its all the combination of 3 things.. :)):yes:

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Genius is not always genetic.
    It is hard work, luck combined.
    When you are born with a silver spoon, luck has already smiled on you.

4. vijirajeshwar

vijirajeshwar New IL'ite

:iagree .. Genius is not 100% genetic, but we often use to say "Ur father's/Mom's brain".. some thing like that.. It is jus contributing 10% .. and not 100%%

Who knows person may born with silver spoon is luck, but he might last long as a big shot till his life end.. Some ups n downs will be there

5. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

well, i would like to disagree, i think genius is sheer hard work. take for example newton, if he had not worked on his mathematical problems every seond during his free time, even if luckily the apple falls on him, he would not have been able to recognise it as an inspiration for discovery. and certainly his father was not a genius according to history.

even einsten was like that working hard all the time. his father was a salesman. even when einstein was working in an ordinary patent office, which had no link to his physics interest, he took special interest and formed physics club iwth his friends and worked hard on his interest.

take hitler for example. his father was ordinary customs officer, and his mother was ordinary lady. though he was a dictator, if we go through his history, we can see how sharp his mind was. Even when he was caught for his mistakes and was summoned to court, which he was sure he would get death penalty, because of his genius speech he changed his fate. would you call it sheer luck or his deliberate hard work to achieve what he wanted?

so in short, my opinion is if we blame others genius or our non-genius on genetics or luck or fate, then we are to fail. history proves it

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good topic to discuss.
    Well it is kind of confusing me to derive one ans..
    If it is genes then all siblings should be genius in a family.
    If it is hard work, then we all do hard work.. but only certain person will get achievement and not all.

This URL might be of any help....

THE GENETICS OF GENIUS

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  7. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

Genius is mostly genetic .. to start with, then developed thro' hardwork and ofcouse completed/achieved (made known/become famous) thro' the blessings of Goddess Luck. Unless all the three forces combine together, one cannot reach the top in any field, however genius he or she is.

But the genetic factor definitely helps and it forces/induces one to work hard as he/she realizez the potential in them and work towards achieveing their goal with the help of Luck to complete and gain name,fame and the much advantageous wealth to live at the top of the world!!!!!!!!

Thats my humble opinion.

Love u all,
    Geeth Priya.