1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is exposing necessary for fashion

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by lakmesirigiri, Jul 31, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Superb reply mitali.to the point.

2. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Why be so judgemental?! If someone wants to wear a deep Blouse, let them.. It's their personal choice.. Like wearing a legging or a burka is.. So long as its not forced on them, why should anyone have a problem.. I don't really see anything indecent in a deep Blouse or leggings but you may feel differently.. So once you get fat you should not be forced to wear a deep Blouse n i should not be prevented from wearing one either:).. To each their own, so long as its not against the law..

sindmani, surekhap and MLP1 like this.
  3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

My personal opinion- people look good when they wear something that's appropriate to their age, body shape and body type..and looks decent and presentable...Also, the clothing should be appropriate to the occasion ..Fashion is subjective..something that's trendy now will be out of fashion after a while..but someone who dresses sensibly will always be known as well dressed person.

1 person likes this.
  4. pinkytyagi92

pinkytyagi92 Bronze IL'ite

Hahahahah this is a great question to long & strong discussion :) Happy to see this question here ! Well... Yes exposing necessary for fashion in my point of view ! I have also seen most of young girls wear too short clothes & always expose their body in short clothes. "I don't say all girls do that & all fashion clothes are shorts" but yes 80% latest fashion clothes are too shorts.

There are various type of dress for girls in fashion like kurtis, Suit salwa & much more but girls are not following them because of our "great indian fashion designers" are not focus on cover dress. They are just making focus on short dress in fashion! I'm from Delhi & I went 2/4 times in "Raahgiri Delhi CP" & see both boy and girls. Boys were also in short dress but Girls were also in short dress & exposing their Navels, thighs & underarms.

See images...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/41353185.cms

http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/photo/40044796.cms

http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/photo/40044906.cms

I was shocked to see this. No one stop you to expose but exposing to much that's isn't good.

5. sangichristi

sangichristi Senior IL'ite

I think fashion is each one's choice in these days. if one can carry of herself well then why no be fashionable. i do wear thin strap blouses and low waist sarees especially to parties and it seems that its not so difficult to wear such attire or sarees with little exposure in modern cities but still the same attire should not be a cause of any other malfunction. in the same parties i c women wearing sarees with blouses which are nothing but bikini tops or bras but still they dont look awkward as such. its all in the way we carry ourselves.

1 person likes this.
  6. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

fashion is to look beautiful, whether u expose or not.
    some dresses suits only some people.
    we cant expect Priyanka chopra, deepika padkoni wearing a high neck blouse with high hip saree.it look odd. Deglamorous .
    and fashion is also based on comfort.
    some like to wear shorts, tees. some like to wear kurta and payjamas , some wear nighties some comfortable with sarees.
    we cant criticize them.
    my mother always wears sarees she is comfortable with it but I cant bare them for 3 or 4 hours too.

1 person likes this.
  7. mithra12

mithra12 New IL'ite

Dressing is one's personal choice.They know what fits and good to them.please don't be a moral police and comment on others.One dressing sense is nothing to do with character.
    For example our great grandmas was wearing 9 yard saree and we are not wearing it because it is not comfortable.Change is the only thing that never changes.After some decades again 9 yards will be famous .next generations might wear it even if it's not comfortable.

sindmani and MLP1 like this.
  8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

There is a thin line of difference in being Stylish and being Slutty which cannot be explained by words...Actions will reveal the same.

I have a colleague(DESI) , who like all of us wear Western Tops to work.Normal U or V shaped tops...Still she is commented as Slutty.....Why does she stand different??

She wantedly pulls her tops down to show that there is maximum exposure...

Even a decent dress is worn Indecently..

At the same time there are few people (Desi and Non Desi) who wears Mini Skirts and carries it off very decently..

So dress adds little weightage...Its how you carry it that makes the difference...

9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I think one should wear what is comfortable and suitable to the place and shouldn't worry about what other people say or think (if husband is fine with the clothes). At the same time, i don't think one should worry about how other people dress. I am comfortable in wearing place appropriate clothes and have worn various types of clothes some revealing some what as well. I feel sorry for people who have not seen parts of breasts or waist or underarms.

10. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

OP,I don't know why you are stressing yourself out because of other people's fashion style. If guys gossip about them, then that's their problem, not yours.

I don't know how old you are but exposing of skin is not a new trend. Heck, I even had my belly button and tongue pierced back in 2000. Haha, I was such a rebel then.