1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ema/cheating An Acceptable Way To Deal With A Crappy Spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ragini25, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

So far I have thought people would agree that the way to deal with an unfair/crappy/neglecting spouse is:
    - Work it out with him/her
    (Involves many ways counseling blah blah, work it out)
    - If impossible to work it out - end the marriage

Assume for sake of this thread - spouse is neglectful, and uninterested to work it out.

Is EMA/cheating (incl or excl sex) an acceptable way to deal with an unfair spouse? What do you really think? (I think no, but I am piqued and alarmed by what folks these days think)

Is Wronging by cheating (outside the marriage) a way to deal with a spouse who is "wrong inside the marriage"? Or walk out of the wrong marriage first rather than ema?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    charanya147, kcb, SGBV and 3 others like this.

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

if crappy/negleting spouse,without backbone to support one's wife is the reason to start ema,then every other family during our grandfather and father generation should have had ema's when male chauvenism was at its height.

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I'd say divorce - if nothing else can work. But ema? Really interested to see if thats considered as "one of the" ways to deal with this. There are other threads but I am asking a direct pointed qn in this thread:

Is Wronging by cheating (outside the marriage) a way to deal with a spouse who is "wrong inside the marriage"? Or walk out of the wrong marriage first rather than ema?

4. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

Short answer- No
    No amount of how crappy ur spouse is, ema cannot be justified. If it's not working for u, take a divorce. No need to get down at their level of crapiness.
    Ema can also have legal implications and if u are claiming alimony u are viewed in negative light.

Edit - just added some points

Pros -

1) instant gratification.
    2) taking revenge - u treat me bad, I treat u bad too.
    3) emotional support in bad times

Cons -
    1) guilty feeling for ur whole life.
    2) if ur children comes to know
    3) for ladies- if wirh married men, u wil be labeled by the society
    4) again for ladies - if u want to seek alimony, good luck

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    APS45 and anika987 like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We should start a subforum for EMA topics.We have so may now....:tonguewink:

kaniths, anika987, NeetaR and 5 others like this.
  6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ym, but can you answer this pls

yellowmango likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If the EMA helps the person in dealing with the marriage - either making the marriage bearable or by pushing the person towards a divorce, then, yes.

Now, an EMA does not happen like an item on a "to-do" list. It happens and then makes it to the "did it" list.

8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

^ wow, so if ema makes the marriage bearable then yes. Wow ok. Didnt expect it, but good to have a straight answer, thanks. I suppose its a you wronged me, I wronged you and one day when it blows up in the faces of two families (if other has a famly too), then its a "we are all messed up" kumbayah song (pity the kids if they also have to witness the repercussion).

And sometimes out of ema - one who feels more wronged (rightly or not), injures the ema spouse in anger, and then it turns into criminal case unfortunately.

I sincerely hope women (or men) dont try to make a marriage bearable via ema - will blow up badly in face one fine day.

9. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana yes given & understood its not (always) planned. (Sometimes it can be).
    But as the EMA relshp takes roots and develops, one has to catch oneself. Else its a gone case as it will proceed on and on to next levels.
    Anyway - except in rare instances - EMA dont have happy ending. In a few cases, after the affair is found out - it can be DIVORCE and they "get married and live happily ever after".

In many cases - the guy too has a family or may choose to walk away at some point, and it is a huge mess. So "solace in EMA" can be fine and shortlived until the ensuing mess is bigger than the original mess to start with.

So blueprint is - if you want to cheat (to bear with the crappy marriage), cheat with an available unattached guy who will not run away after being found out. So you can ready the backup and then fire your H for his "wrong inside the marriage". And make sure you take care your H wont physically harm you after you give him the "news" and fire him from hubby post. Last thing anyone needs is anger escalating to harm.

Hmm how many can implement this pakka (even if unethical) blueprint lol :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
    APS45 and Sairindhri like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.