Is Country Club FRAUD?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by maha, Aug 22, 2011.

1. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

2 days back we went to Lamcy plaza and there was a guy who gave me a country club form for some lucky draw.I just wrote my name and my no. Today a lady from country club called me and said that we were one among the 15 families selected from the draw and that we are eligible for a vacation to one of their country club resorts in india for 6 nights and 7 days.(with free accomodation) on this regard we are asked to attend a 1 hr ???? session in their bur dubai country club today to give us all details..:bonk

now comes the fun part,:spin

i tried to google abt this, ( as i dont believe in lucky draws)and to my surprise i found that this is some scam and they call us and make us members and steal a huge sum and never return our calls later..

Country club india fraud & cheat

Is this true ? Is this happening in Dubai ?
    Has anyone been called and trapped like this?..:bowdown
    Any info on this would be helpful and will save everyone's time and money..

love,
    maha

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear maha,
    few weeks back i had filled a similar form in LuLu in Quasis.within a week i got a call reg tht package and they asked to come for a session in Bur Dubai. its not only here, even in India many such holiday resorts people call us.then they vil persuade us for the membership and all stuff. I just heard all tht from the guy and said vil tell later if i would be coming in the evening.but then tht was it.never get into this stuff. he said we need to pay only the service tax which would be 4800Rs for a week.

3. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

dear sushmavja,

sorry for a delayed reply..
    thanks for sharing the info..
    even we didnt attend the session, and just ignored it..
    my hubby's colleagues also had similar exp. and i thank the internet from where i get valuable resources..

love,
    maha

4. maninder99

maninder99 New IL'ite

Under any circumstances , its my suggestion, dont go with these Country club Cheaters, This is the biggest fraud companey that i had ever seen, I'm the member and struggling to get my money refund from several months.
    If any body need more infor, please private message me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

dear maninder,

thanks for sharing the info.
    think this is ur first post in IL, and u have come forward to alert others with ur first ever post..
    i was horrified to know such things happening all the way in dubai to trap us indians..
    i think its better for everyone to search the internet for any scam in any such things, before even meeting those guys, b'cos their main intention to brainwash , then grab the money..

maha

6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

We were also supposedly one of the lucky 15 (wonder how many lucky 15' were there) to be called for a session and a week holiday offere....(we had put our card in one of the raffle boxes in city center)....we refused politely as we were already aware of such scams in India... We should beware of stuff that sound too good to be true... the offers of country club and many other similar groups sound too enticing and trap unsuspecting ppl like us.

7. dukes

dukes New IL'ite

***** RAJEEV Reddy - Country Club (Country Vacations) Turnover - 100's crores Cheating with Memberships, Vacations, foods..etc He cheats Families with middle income and credit cards ***Janardhana Reddy - Lootes money by illegal mining, bribing government persons, and fooling people.Many cousins around use the power to loot money and power.May god punish right.Fight against fraud / corruption and pray for peace

***Only way to stop these guys is to Make them get out of Malls and super markets***

***Only way to stop these guys is to Make them get out of Malls and super markets***

8. sobia009

sobia009 New IL'ite

COUNTRY CLUB INDIA FRAUD & CHEAT
    Please beware of Country Club India FRAUD holiday package membership and do not waste your money. They are the biggest fraud and cheats.I was pestered by their sales and marketing to become a member last week at their abudhabi office, opposite abudhabi mall. They brainwashed me and my spouse for two , three hours and forced us to make a deposit of AED.10000 for membership, as there a few membership for their new facility, they promissed as opening within few weeks near khalidia. They also offered gift vouchers for holiday packages of Country club vacations, etc. After we come back, we tried to book these vacation packages but nothing is working. I then find this as a fraud company with lot of similar compliants in the net. I ask them to refund my amount, now they stopped responding to my calls and mails. I kept calling them and sending them emails. There are lot of poor people getting into this everyday at their office at abudhabi. Pls tell all your friends and all community people of this fraud company. We are now collecting more people of similar issue to frame a joint compliant against them through ministry and media.

I also request people who know someone in the Media to seek their help to expose the Country Club India fraud holiday package.

9. kris

kris New IL'ite

Am feeling ashamed to say that and we fell in the trap too...ought to have googled and checked the internet before agreeing to their presentation. Missed it...and these people are such smooth liars and good at what they have been trained, that we blindly trusted them and paid a full membership fee last night. Only this morning I see such bad reviews about the same and that they are cheats...am totally down now! :(
    we are now pushing our luck to see if these ppl respond. So far they are not even responding to our phone calls...so hopes almost gone!
    Sobia, I am from abudhabi too...have you lodged any complaint against them? can you contact me through private messages. TIA
    thanks others for creating a thread to warn people of such cheats...cant believe that they have been doing this for years and getting away with it too...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  10. deep100

deep100 New IL'ite

have a friend of mine with similar incident. when the offer is too good, there always has to be a catch. once you there they will convince you too take their package where you got to pay 10,000 AED and than you get the freebie.

1 person likes this.