1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is BLOOD thicker than ... LOVE n CARE ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by senzzation, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sensitive,

When I read this blog I had several feelings... You are the first adoptive parent that I am communicating in my life. Being married for 5 years and yearning for a kid for long time, I could understand how much joy that your son have brought to you and your DH....

Congratulations on getting the kid, I know how long the adoption process is!

I cant appreciate enough your warm heart of giving home for a child. Thats one thing that everyone here admire about you.

Another thing that impressed me is, when you said ,
    It shows that you are not only a good Mom but also a nice person. Normally any woman would get insecured thinking about THAT moment, but you are willing to come forward to share his feelings... You are a great mother.... You(& your DH) and your son are lucky to have each other ...

God bless this beautiful family!

Loads of love and wishes,
    ILT

2. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

I'm overwhelmed by all your response. Thanks to you all for your good wishes and kind comments.

ILT, don't put me on a pedestal ... i'm a human being & have my insecurities too. :) But yes, i'll try to always be supportive towards my son's wishes.

Cheers,
    Senzzation.

3. KuttimasAmma

KuttimasAmma New IL'ite

Hi
    As an adoptive mother, I have done soem extensive research and reading and am also part of a support group for parents of children adopted from India.
    Must reads are: '20 things adopted kids wished their parents knew' and 'Talking to young children about adoption' .
    Another book I have been passing around to friends is 'What is adoption', a well told book to for non-adopted kids to read and understand.
    There is no question at all about whether to tell a child or not. You simply must make it part of your and your child's life from the get go.

4. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

U r right KuttimasAmma, that an adopted child MUSt know that he/she is adopted. No doubt abt that. It is the question of searching for the birth parents that I dread but still would want to be supportive if & when my son wanted to. We are also part of a support group for adoptive parents. We recently took part in a workshop which dealt with the issue of "search" and how important it is for the adopted child.