1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is astrology necessary for marriage compatibility???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ammooty, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Ammooty

Ammooty New IL'ite

Hello.. :)

How many of you think astrology is necessary for marriage compatibility????
    Does it really work????? Is it true that the couple will live happily if all the poruthams match???

2. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

I am not expert but have seen people with 36/36 score & fighting like cats &dogs while people with 10/36 have the best compatibility-Guess its more of mental makeup than starry skies!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

In basing your decision on astrology, barring the controversy if astrology really is true, you are also basing a life decision on a person who is there to collect money and is not a person who loves and cares for you (external party). Also you are basing that that person really knows what they are doing. I think it is too risky to base the most important life decision on a platform so shaky.

4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Personally I feel mana porutham is what is required rather than your jadhaga porutham

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I think the main things in horoscope is the conducive/compatible placement of Mangala (Mars) in both the horoscope. Other then that, the matching has not much meaning.

However, if you know a good astrologer, a lot of things you can know about the partner even without seeing him. You can know the personality, traits, anger, even potential current/future health issues etc and these are more accurate overall. For example, if Mars is powerful or the driver, the person will be in science field (engineer, medical, etc) and will have a strong and temperamental personality. If Saturn is powerful, driver, then the person will most probably slow and procrastinator and success will take time to come to him. Mercury will be a thinker. Everything he will think 10/100 times. etc.

6. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Apart from (most of the) Indians rest of the people in the world marry without looking into horoscope match their marriages still last and many live happily even without knowing that the word astrology exists.
    Its more of mentality match that works out a marriage than horoscope match.