1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is arrange marriage loveless?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by maya84, May 3, 2013.

1. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    Mine was an arranged marriage and we are married for 7 yrs..But I'm fed up with the loveless life..
    Before marriage I used to strongly believe in having one and only one man as my love and I had reserved all my love for that one man. I'm always a very romantic person.

I and my husband had around 6 months of time between our engagement and marriage. Those days itself we realized that we are in the 2 different extremes and we have no interests in common. He was an unromantic person. But then he was very nice and gentle and well behaved. We spoke over the other things for which we had differences and he promised me that he would be able to love me and care me more after the marriage. Though I was totally frustrated with him before our marriage , I didn't have the courage to tell this to my parents.. After marriage also there was not much change him in.. I used to feel that I'm with a good roommate and nothing more. He never showed any sign of love when I was deeply in love with him.. We used to fight a lot over these things and yrs passed and finally we had a DD. After having DD , my concentration was on her and didnt bother much about romance..

After 7 yrs of marriage, when I lookup I don’t know how I led this loveless life..
    He never took me for any trips, he never said I love you , he never even complemented me , he never gave me any surprises...
    But he is otherwise a nice person at heart and harmless..
    His loveless behaviour has brought to me an inferior complex in me.. I feel I'm not good looking or I'm not good enough to attract his attention to at least gain a compliment from him..

I don’t feel like dressing well or going to parlour.. Looking at the mirror I myself feel that my face has become so dull..
    I don’t know what to do.. Even after 7 yrs of same behavior from my DH , I have not got used to it and still expects the love from him and gets frustrated over it.
    When I tell him these things he takes it lightly and blames me saying that I'm better than many other husbands and you are not realizing that..
    Our only common interest is our kid and she is the one who is connecting both of us..But I'm worried on how we would live together after my DD is grown up and finds her own life.
    What are your thoughts?
    Is arrange marriages loveless?

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Even I feel the same after 2 1/2 years of arranged marriage.. My hubby is a good friend and a nice person..
    But no romance.. Initially I was feeling for that and stopped expecting for trips, complements, surprises and ofcourse the words "I love you"..
    He is supportive for me infront of his parents,(may be because I have to tolerate them) but when he sees his friends/cousins he completely ignores me..
    I dont know how I will lead a happy life for the rest of 30/40 years with him..
    We can expect the care/affection form our blood relations(parents, sister and children), but for how long?
    This question tortures me sometimes..

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. sudhajay

sudhajay Silver IL'ite

Everything is in our hand... all arranged marriaeges are not successful and all love marriages are not failure.. The way how we are handling is the trick for love or happiness.. Without any expectation if you love him then surely he will pour love on you.. Please show some care towards you also.. whatever you are expecting from him do the same for him.. occasionaly tell him what is your expectation.. Feel free to tell or share everything..

All the best...

4. sudhajay

sudhajay Silver IL'ite

Even my husband was like that only previously.. but i used to say i love you everyday whenever i feel.. if we are in office then i used to message him even though i dont get any reply from him.. everyday i used to ask him kiss.. whenever we are discussing about something if i won i will ask him to give kiss in a funny way... i used to give him suggestions for his dressing... in everything i used to take part even though he didn't expect.. but finally it became a habit for him.. he started doing all those.. :).. so please don't give up..

5. chitii

chitii Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maya,

How your DH will react when you are suddenly sick.

6. Nimbu

Nimbu Silver IL'ite

Hi Maya....Your H seems to be a normal person apart from his lack of love towards you. The fact is some men don't know how to express their feelings rather they do have everything inside.

Unless you are taken care of....for all your basic needs; I think you can definitely mold him...Have some patience and follow the tips shared by others. Don't lose hope. One thing I would say is ladies who post here have much more problematic life...cheer up Your H will definitely change.

7. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

All marriages whether love or arranged become loveless after a point of time. ...

pinkydarling, heron and RadiantFlower like this.
  8. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

Hi Maya,

Mine is a love marriage. I knew my DH for 5 yrs before we finally got married. My DH is exactly the kind of person u are telling.. unromantic..doesnt bother to say i love you..Even if i ask how am i looking, he just says ok even if i dressed well or normally. When we told we are going to get married, many of his friends got surprised that he loves me.. Becuase he just dont know how to express. Many men are like my DH and ur DH. The problem is not able to express.. few people do not know how to express their love. it is just the way to express they are lacking but not love. As chitii has asked, how does he take care of you when u are sick? There are so many men who ill treat their wife and dont even behave like a friend atleast. So just dont think much. You have got a normal person as husband. Try to celebrate small small things.. Have you tried anything from your end? Did you celebrate his birthday in a way he didnt expect? Did you buy something dat really surprised him? So just think about what you can do. Try making special moments with him. Slowly he may change. Or atleast u will have the happiness that u are doing something spcl for the person you love. You love him right? It is not loveless life dear, it is just a life where love is der but hiding somewhere shy to come out :) Wish you all the best

9. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

be realistic.Always consider the financial situation,work pressure and stop watching too many bollywood movies.

Always see that your likes/dislikes/preferences/hobbies are close your Dhs. IF not try to change. Dont lecture about freedom or rights or personal choice.

and most imp thing men like in women is capability & maturity to understand the things with out being said.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  10. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Chitti,
    When I'm sick he ask me to take medicine n ask me how it is n all. If I tell him the medicine name he would take and give it etc..
    But he have never taken any leave to help me when I'm sick. Many times when I was sick I have requested him to take leave as it becomes difficult to manager my DD, but he had some or the other excuses about office to say. But I hope that he will do that if my situation is too bad.