Is Arjuna Disease universal ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks for your F B & nice words.
    I always regret that I was not initiated into Gita in my younger age. Believe me, V has been reading Gita ever since we got married - it is his daily must ! But I took it up seriously only 12 yrs back. So, I am also happy that young I L ites are showing interest.
    My writing Gita is wholly Krishna's responsibility - I am just a puppet in His hands.
    I pray He guides me through.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi,
    I was also very sure, it was a "slip of the fingers". But I made a mention of the correction, because I did not want anybody to be mislead by it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

sorry for delay in replying you.

An excellent write up on first chapter of Gita and from this got to know about many like Attachment, Love and about giving advice.

Looking forward for the rest

cheers
    sreelatha

4. Chitvish

Dear Sreelatha,
    Thankyou foer joining us here. Please, you do not owe an apology at all !
    Even after knowing that samsara (here, attachment) causes us sorrow, do you think, we can easily get over it ?
    Arjuna's disease is with us forever through out our lives !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Nice article linking our day to day life myseries with that of Arjuna..... Arjuna disease is universal and applicable to all.....

Somewhere you have said Dhuriyodhana as papi..... Why??.... That is a seperate question by itself.....

So will wait for the next post.........

Veda

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Never to advice until asked for... Good concept which we should learn to practice in real life.... Intodays world the cheapest thing available is advice and which the person giving will not be following....

Again The problem is you and the solution is you ..... Great saying.... Simple witha lot of hidden meaning.... which can be interpreted in lot of ways

Veda

7. preethi rao

preethi rao New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

Can u pls explain the meaning of 1.42 to 1.44 in BG? Also can u pls tell what was Srikrishnas reply on that.

Thank you.

Mami, i am a great fan of yours and when i am in trouble mood - i will make a point to read to post. Reading that lifts my spirit.

8. Chitvish

Dear Preethi,
    Thanks for your nice words!
    I am just giving an outline of 1.42-44.
    42 - The departed happen to stay for sometime in the region of the manes, before they resume another birth. Libations offered to them by their descendants have a toning effect on their dormant psyche.
    The performance of the ceremonies, by the blood relations, brings goodwill, peace and satisfaction to the departed forefathers, wherever they may be in the field of evolution.
    43 - The intermixing of castes destroys the ideals preserved by the immemorial traditions and has the direct result of upsetting the social equilibrium.
    44 - this verse establishes a fundamental principle of action: the action should be such that it does not stray from the invisible power of dharma..

For Krishna's reply, please read the posts in the second chapter.
    Love,
    Chithra.