Is April a good season for a trip to Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by wisha, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

Re: hi from Switzerland

Hi

iam planning to visit swiss in august from UK. I would love to stay in interlaken and wondering if u could help me find an accomodation.
    we are 2 adults and 2 kids aged 10 and 6, so a family friendly place and preferably self catering would be great.
    the dates are from 21st august to 25 august 2010.

thank you

2. Akshaya64

Akshaya64 New IL'ite

Hi,

my name is akshaya and like in kazakhstan. Myself and myhusband are planning a trip to amsterdam and switzerland during april 2011. Could you guide me on the following. I am planning to come to amsterdam and then travel on same day to zurich catch train to Interlaken and stay there for 3 days.

1.If i plan to do a part travel by golden pass and reach interlaken on the day of travel from zurich to interlaken, is it possible to carry my luggage with me or is there any way i book my luggage to be delivered at interlaken station.

2. If i order for swiss passes online, will it be sent by post? As i have problem in receiving post in kazakhstan mostly it never comes or reaches here. So is there a possiblility i can get it online printout? If i have to get it only by phsical post and because of my problem of post here, how is it possible to book prior for the glacier express as it needs previous booking. Some people as saying that we will not get during easter time unless we prebook.

3. I am going to take an amsterdam visa, do i need to come out and have an amsterdam airport stamping before proceeding to flight to zurich or can i do it as transit passenger.

4. Also please suggest what will be best places to see during this short period.

thanks

with regards,

akshaya

3. rajitha11

rajitha11 New IL'ite

Re: a switzerland trip...in april 2010

Hi Nivedtha,

I'm living in US and would like to go to Swiss trip. I would like to know the information ragarding visa, insurance....can you plz suggest any website or where can i get the information. or to consult which travels.

Thanks,

4. manu528

manu528 New IL'ite

Hi Sekaran,

Are you staying in Switzerland.We are planning to travel Switzerland in coming May . We recently came to Nice[France] and want to visit Switzerland in May mostly 1 st week end. So Can you please guide us regarding the bookings.

Thanks
    Manasa

5. sekaran

sekaran New IL'ite

Hi Manasa

Are you planning to stay in Zurich, then i would suggest you to stay in the City of Zurich. Decent Hotel in Zurich for a couple cost around 250 CHF, if you are looking much cheaper like 2 or 3 Star would be around 150 till 180 CHF. Let me know your budget, so i can suggest you some Hotels in Zurich.