Is April a good season for a trip to Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by wisha, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Please help me regarding this.
    Our planned honeymoon for switzerland is still due after two years of marriage due to loads of downs of life.But now we want to go for it..
    So,this April we want to go for my honeymoon:cheers
    Please,help me regarding this:
    1.Is april a good season to see snow?
    2.which tour and travels will be good if i am starting from India ?(as my friends suggested,independent booking will be inconvinient for us)
    3.what things we should take care of?
    4.suggest,may we plan an independent trip?
    reply soon..please..

thanks,
    Astha

2. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Re: a switzerland trip...in april 2010

Hi Astha,
    congrats for honeymoon trip.:thumbsup
    I have tried to give you some idea about Switzerland.

1. In april you wont be able to enjoy snow fall as it starts from November end and ended to Feb last. But April / may .. will be the best time to visit Switzerland.
    The snow fall seasons i mean the winter is so chilled here , that you really can not enjoy, If you are not a lover of sledging etc.

2.I do not have any idea Indian tour and travels, but as far as I know individual traveling is the best as you are free to move or plan and you do not have to follow any routine but some time if you are going with honeymoon package , it gives the pleasure with roaming with other cpls.

3 You try to pack all your winter stuffs too though you are coming summer seasons, but are going to need them in some places of Switzerland.

4.Comfortable shoes are must.

5.before making any decision GOOGLE... GOOGLE GOOLE... for ll details.

6 If you are planning for individual trips , you will need an organized planning. so please go through the National web sites of Switzerland, they will guide you .

7 . Remember Switzerland is an expensive place , so be prepared for that.

8.The language is the big barrier here , if you forget your way no one going to help you because they can not explain you in English,

hope this is helpful to you.

if you plan an individual trip, I can help you further with some more detail, if you want I can find with my hubby and give you all about Switzerland trip.

Have fun.

sangeeta

3. PritiGanesh

PritiGanesh Senior IL'ite

hi sangeeta - I am planning a trip to switzerland in april 2010 . After reading your reply , I think april would be a good time but just wanted to know if it would be good for a 3 year child.

I have a daughter who would be almost 3 by april , i wanted to know the weather would be too chilly or pleasant so she can play around ..

thanks in advance

priti

4. nivedtha

nivedtha New IL'ite

Hi,

I know that the locals(ppl living in switzerland) know the best...but thought of sharing my experience..

We visited Switzerland in april '07 and couldn't enjoy very much as it was snowing very heavily..atleast in Jungfrau and Titlis.

The ice-flyer was totally inaccessible and we were unable to even get outside in the snow..leave alone play!

Luckily, we had another chance to visit Switzerland, when we went on a Europe tour in July '07 and we had an awesome time..it wasn't snowing and we did take the ice flyer and enjoyed a lot in the snow!

Happy holidays!

5. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Hi Nevedtha, agree with you.

There are some area you mentioned may have snow fall during April or even in May as they are the top of Europe .

But rest I think after April and up to October or September last you can enjoy Switzerland at most .

As I told you , you need to Bring your winter stuffs, whenever you are planning to come .

Also it depends upon the places where you are willing to visit,

I am in Luzern now which is one of the most beautiful cities of Switzerland .

Some of the places here remains chilled through out the yr , I remember I went to Pilatus mountain in August and I was freezing ( as I did not take a jacket with me but still I enjoyed it)

Like some time it is heavy snowfall here in Luzern , but hubby says ( he works in Zurich) that its a sunny day there. and Zurich is just 50 mins away from Luzern by Public transport.

So be well planned, and decide the exact places you gys want to visit .

Have all the necessary medicines , cloths, umbrella etc with you.
    enjoy.
    regards
    sangeeta

6. PritiGanesh

PritiGanesh Senior IL'ite

Thank you Nivedtha and sangeeta .

I am going to consider points you both have mentioned here before I plan my switzerland trip.

priti

PS : I may come back for advice . TIA

7. indianbites

indianbites New IL'ite

Hi preeti i am in the process of buying a hotel in switzerland so contact me when ur ready i might be able to help further

8. sekaran

sekaran New IL'ite

hi from Switzerland

Hi everyone i live in Switzerland, Zurich for the last 17 years and my native place is India. If anyone needs help booking Hotel or railway ticket anywhere in Switzerland, i can organise your trip.

Since i live somany years here, its also like my home town. Since i work for Hotel branch, i am very familiar with all the tourist spots in Switzerland.

Regards, Sekar

9. jayesh45

jayesh45 New IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta,
    Tnx for valuable information....i was just going through various articals & blogs about visiting to switzerland & found ur valuable one.....i am planning for honeymoon in mid of june....but will be on own....no package tour....will be having time share booking in Torgon. Need your little help to organise more....is it a good time to visit Torgon in Mid June....n options to travel to Lucerne & interlaken.

tnx again.

10. gowrisys

gowrisys New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning on visiting Interlaken area, around August 15th for 4 to 5 days.Appreciate if Swiss IL's could help with a couple of questions..

1) Is there a locker room available in Zurich ( either in the airport or outside) for locking our luggages for 3 to 5 days. (We are stopping over in Switzerland on our way back to US from India and hence will be having some big bags). We would like to park our heavy luggage in some locker room,instead of tagging it along.

2) Is it better to book train/Swiss saver pass from US itself or buy it once we are there.

3) What's the best place ( reasonably economical and decent) to stay in and around interlaken.Will be travelling with 2 kids, are hostels suitable for families or is it for backpackers.

4) The must see places ( in a 4 night/5 day trip).

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Gowri