Is anyone`s kid is from GIIS school?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares' started by sashikamal, Feb 24, 2012.

1. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

ladies,

Does anyone have their kids studying in GIIS Malaysia? specifically in 2nd or 5th grade?

my kids have to give their entrance test in april? any tips about the exam pattern is very much appreciated.

now they r in an intl school in zurich and my daughter in 2nd grade has not had any exam so far..so she is really scared hearing about exams (more than her, its actually me who is scared :roll:) so any tips on the exam pattern would be very helpful to prepare her..pls help..

cheers,
    Sashi

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi sashikamal,

I hope you would be busy moving here, and this is the last week of March.. Happy moving..

reg the GIIS school entrance exams, they follow our Indian CBSE pattern, and the syllabus, books are all brought from there.. So, if you know someone of the same standard in India, you can check with them. Sorry, that I cannot provide you with more details.

Good luck for your children and for you..

3. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,
    Hope u r doing great.
    We r still waiting for our visa and so seems like we will shift to KL only end of April:eek:mg
    Planning to put the kids in cambridge syllabus in GIIS. It's being introduced this year only. That's why i am not clear abt the entrance exam. Anyway thanks for ur reply:)
    Cheers,
    Sashi

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

If they are already in an International School, they will be much prepared to tackle any kind of questions that come up in an exam, I have friends' kids at GIIS bangalore, so no need to worry.

Dont panic them about the entrance exam, just ask them to take time to understand the question and think for a minute before they start writing the exam, I am involved in the Education Industry and can rest assure you that students coming from abroad take indian pattern exams just like that especially in the PRimary grade.

Best wishes, do keep us updated Happy Packing and Moving to Malaysia,

1 person likes this.
  5. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

Hi saisakthi,

many thanks for ur positive words..its really very consoling for my tension.

will surely update u after my kids pass the exam and get into GIIS.

Cheers,
    sashi

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:thankyou2: best wishes

7. jessj

jessj New IL'ite

Have you moved your kids into giis? How's igcse at giis? How to prepare for the entrance test?