1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is America “reopening?”

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, May 2, 2020.

1. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Anika,
    Indian government is taking actions to bring back citizens who are stranded in other countries. The flights are starting as early as this week, this is from middle east. I have read, there will be flights from major port of entries in the US as well. So whoever stuck here will be able to go home, and I believe there is a website you can register. The priority will be given to people with health issues, kids, pregnant women etc.

I feel like people are complaining without checking the facts. If you contact the embassy, they have more information on the website. A lot of Indian associations (at least in my place) are doing a great job by providing information and they have zoom meetings to make people aware of the current situation.

As of the current reopening of states, I believe this is a necessary one. Otherwise millions of people (not counting the 4 or 5 millions registered for unemployment), will be losing jobs, furloughed or visa workers will be forced to return back to their home countries, economy will be hit even harder. A simple example is, I live in a city of 65,000 people. With in these 6 weeks, they had to furlough a percentage of employees because their revenue mainly relied only on businesses. With all the businesses mostly closed, they can't pay most of their employees. It is very sad. Not to pick on you, but you brought up a good point. A vacation like in the normal days is probably long gone for now!!

An old normal might be far away with the current reopening and there will be a surge of cases, but people will learn and live with social distancing. Those who are not doing that now, will be learnt the hard way.

2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I have been following him. He is very intriguing. I don't agree with all his suggestions- to lift lockdown especially in rural areas. He only makes suggestions, no practical solutions. But he seems like a pure, innocent soul, definitely an astrologer in his past life. And his parents, his sister and himself- what a weird combination. Just reinforces belief in karma, reincarnation. His video on vastu is also good, esp on US, China. Whatever he states are all bare naked truths, but how to implement?

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your response.
    Though a tad digression, I must write here Abhigya’s mother in her latest release narrates how she experienced the emptiness of modern education system and her reasons for home schooling her son and daughter. Consciousness is their family u tube website which I trust you are following.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:That reminds me words of late Bharat Rathna Abdul Kalam Sahab in a convocation address about his views of indian citizens dual behaviour. He said he disembarked from aircraft with few Indians after his visit to Singapore at Chennai Airport. He saw at stone’s throw a Singapore Returned Indian gentleman was spitting on tarmac, the moment he got down the stepladder. Through some one attending on President, the man was questioned why he did that. His retort was, “ do as Romans when you are in Rome”.

5. Thyagarajan

*:hello:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Yes I have seen myself. Not long enough in US but quickly learnt not to jump lines, keep distance, leave door open for person following etc.
    Waiting in long line at Delhi airport for final boarding, flights was delated, a young sardar ji, looked like on business trip from his small briefcase,
    was standing in queue, looking ahead and jumping. Queue was long and crowded so it was easy to jump for him.

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I love their pure soul ....very nice family. But one thing I don't like about schooling, you cannot just say entire video about homeschooling...she should say both plus and minus in Homeschool as well as regular school. Social skills, how to survive in this world, peers likes and dislikes, preteen friends these all most important at regular school still regular school has some minus as well. It would be nice if she would said about advantage and disadvantage.

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:I agree with your point if views.

2. She says in conclusion this video would be followed by few more and await next uploading. I have subscribed.
    Thanks and regards.

Mehana and anika987 like this.
  9. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I too felt the same, homeschooling will isolate him from the rest of the society, not good in the long run. But then he is very special (in a good way), so it is difficult for such people to mingle. Maybe he knows what he wants.
    School is not all about work and learning it's also about learning to interact with people, understand their characters and become aware of one's surroundings. But it is also known that schools are way too restrictive.

Thyagarajan and Mehana like this.