1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is 2012 really the end of Planet Earth?????

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rajaniraomatti, Apr 20, 2010.

1. rajaniraomatti

rajaniraomatti New IL'ite

I am really wondering if the end of the world is near and you know why??
    It started with Tsunami few years ago, then a series of earth quake , extreme temperatures and now this volcano!!!

Did you all know that all the earth quakes that took place were almost in a line starting from Andaman towards California(i think towards east).I read an article about this where the scientists where trying to figure out where the next earth quake is going to be OMG!!!

And now the volcano erupted after 200 years and creating all kinds of problems...I am sure global warming has a good effect on all these.

I felt that this was a major issue to be discussed and wanted to know if my indusladies friends also had some thoughts about this issue.

2. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

I dont think so.
    According to Hindu scriptures and nadi josiyum, rishis have talked about the future beyond 2012. Example I am 30 years old and my nadi josiyam talks about my life during 60 etc.

So we have to wait till 2012 to actually see it. These calamities happening are because of our carelessness. We cut down trees, emit carbon monoxide into the air and pollute the earth and causing all these directly and indirectly.

JMO

3. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hmmm on a personal note I don't think so. I am very eager to know others opinions.

4. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friend,
    Even I agree with Rosegirl, somewhere I read like this Kali yugam has 4, 32, 000 years to go .. so dont worry..:thumbsup

5. vikkisheelu

vikkisheelu New IL'ite

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

7. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Ha ha..Good one.:rotfl

8. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

i dont think so..we are not understanding mayan calendar corretly..there must be some other meaning..
    @spiderman :rotfli like it.....(may be one of the reason)

9. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

A fresh look at the Mayan-to-Gregorian calendar conversion suggests that the world might not actually come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012. In fact, researchers say that it might have ended already.

'End of the world' delayed

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The Mayans were fabulous astrologers and predicted the date that their Gods would land in their country. When the Spanish arrived, they were waiting on the shore. The Mayans believed that the Spanish must be Gods....and then ensued one of the world's horrible genocides. Obviously the Mayans were not as accurate as they thought.

2012 is supposedly the end of the world OR it could be the end of an age....the genocided Mayans left us no directions about this. I have to be optimistic that they were off on that also.

As volcanic and earthquake activity...once the plates start moving around they knock about a while before settling down again. I know this is a gross simplification, but what can we do? Just get through until they settle down again.