1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is “make Up”industry Dying?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by anika987, May 25, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

In America..during regular days hardly see anyone in makeup and even during parties atleast people I know and see never go overboard with makeup.

Everyone looks so comfortable in their own skin.Even these days actresses walk out and post pics without makeup on instagram.

Do you think makeup industry is dying
    as no one cares to hoard on makeup like before?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

No. The trends keep changing but the industry is exploding.
    Even the celebrities who don’t look like they are wearing makeup are wearing natural makeup. It is harder to pull off that look than the conventional makeup.

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Yes definitely the cosmetic industry is running on loss now...due to social distancing and isolation , the need for applying make up hasn’t drastically gone down...why bother applying lipstick, lip gloss , foundation etc when half the face will be covered by a mask..?
    With people mostly working remotely and parties, get togethers etc out of question , not much of a chance to “dress up” ...
    Even those travelling to workplace everyday would be more concerned about their safety against Covid and while dressing presentably according to office dress code may not pay much attention to make up...
    And isn’t it unlikely that anyone other than family members would stand that close to you to observe your makeup?
    ( I myself have a new eyeliner, compact, lip pencil and lip gloss lying unused.. I bought them many months back and thought I’d use them for upcoming functions and social get togethers, outing etc but everything got cancelled since lockdown..)

anika987 likes this.