1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Irritating Neighbour

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Prachi.B, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

We are staying at current place from last 4 years from that time my neighbour is disturbing us. We stay at 6th floor and neighbour at 7th floor. Earlier it was like in a day time the lady used to wash her windows everyday. Yes, wash the windows everyday with a bucket full of water. We don't have balcony but a little space to keep the plants.

Now in the starting i informed here about the water at my place. She said okay i will not throw water. But still till date she washes the windows everyday. I requested her many times but now she says i don't throw water anymore. I can understand washing the windows once a while but not everyday.
    The water makes dirty my windows my plants. I can't keep anything outside.

Every time i had told her calmly but she don't understands.

Please suggest what to do.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

If she has been doing that for 4 years, that too everyday, then she maybe a creature of habit. That's gonna be tough to change. Have seen my own mom, mil, some friends n relatives with characters like these, its almost impossible to change.

Can you put a window shade there? Have seen many people do that to protect from sun too. That way you can start using your space again without worrying about her.

Because I dobut anything can be done legally or by resident association for washing windows.

N what can you argue with a lady that's already saying she's not doing it ?

uniquename and Sandycandy like this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Is it own house, can't you complain to owner or association.

If it's rented you or that lady might vacate n problem solved. If it's own you can take some action and complain.

Also make your husband talk to her husband.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    shravs3 likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

It's a crazy problem. I think she has a obsessive compulsive disorder. Maybe talking with her husband should help

5. uniquename

uniquename Senior IL'ite

I personally hv my balcony glass n windows cleaned every day, albeit with duster as they don’t need to be washed so often, ... actually then I think your neighbour must have some way to remove the water marks which is a cumbersome exercise. The glass is washed once every week. Perhaps if u can gift her the sponge with the scraper which you dip into water n scrape off the excess. This actually cleans very well. You neither have water wastage nor do you create inconvenience for others. Talking to her is obviously useless... I hope she will b thankful to you for not only the gift but also showing her way to conserve water n have cleaner glass windows