1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Irritating Mom!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Athaalia, Jun 23, 2007.

1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

To explain to your mom, use NASA's concept of KISS...ie Keep It Simple & Sweet ! Jus say, "Amma, adhunnu refer panradhu enakku pidikkalay. Mappillaikku mariyaadhai kuduththu pesu. Idhu request illey, order !"

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

What the heck is this???

Whether its your mom or whoever it is.. how can a wife let down her husband?

Will your mom be OK, if someone calls her husband "athu" like a maadu or any other animal?

Talk to her and explain her...

The reason I am saying is, if you husband gets to know this, it might hurt him so much and he might feel even very bad that you did not stand up for him

3. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. My father behaves like this. He is not only sensitive rather rude.. will get angry over me if I ask him to change his language. I am just trying my level best to hide all these to my hubby. Just made my mind to tolerate all these things for now. My father is also old enough and I am his elder daughter.. don't want to hurt him any way..

Sasirekha

4. Athaalia

Athaalia New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your replies. Yes, this is a very sensitive issue and I am so glad that it's over for me now. Well, how I dealt with it was not to tell my mom directly, because she is very sensitive, but I asked my brother to tell her "indirectly" not to use that word. I asked him to convey the message that I was unhappy when she used such words when referring to my husband. Well, I looks like he got the message across, because ever since, there has been a 360 degree turnaround in her behaviour and these days, she refers to hubby dearest only as "thambi" or "avaru"...THANK GOD!

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Way to go buddy !!!!

6. prsnfd

prsnfd Bronze IL'ite

She is ur mom...so no one closer to her than you. Talk to her she might not even realize that this is bothering you.

I am sure when she realizes that you dont like her reffering to ur husband the way she does she will change. After all for a mom nothing more important than her daughters happiness :)

7. geetabhaskar

geetabhaskar Senior IL'ite

Suggest to your mom to address him by his name or nickname. Tell it jokingly so that she gets the message and yet does not feel hurt. Try it. It is not so tough as it appears to be .

With love

Geeta Bhaskar

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  8. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

My mom did something like that during her stay. Please dont tell her anything to her face . I think because of their age they are behaving like this. You are good you really got good suggestions here. My mom came during delivery and I had postpartum depression. I once told her directly and she started crying and even feel bad about that event now. Try to make her as much happy during her stay here. I think it is really rare for us to get this chance (staying with our momfor long period ) after marriage.