1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irritable bowels - help needed

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by abathy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    my husband is suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. he has had this problem for more than 5 years. he has tried allopathy, homeopathy and ayurveda. nothing helps.

do any of you know a good treatment for this? we are not even looking for a cure, but any effective treatment would be good. the major problem he faces is that he has to pass stools almost 6-7 times a day. this creates lots of issues. we are not able to go out anywhere also.

looking forward to helpful suggestions.

thanks

2. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Hi, Learn yoga practices for IBS from a right Yoga Therapist and make it a habit to practise regularly. Find out what is wrong with his life style and bring in changes. Right from the food he eats, timing of the food, sleep cycle, exercise routine etc, etc, etc correct everything. Hope you know stress increases IBS. Asanas and meditation will definetely bring in betterment.
    Riyaa.

3. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

riyaa.. thanks for the suggestion. yes, i am aware that stress has a big effect on IBS. i will ask my hubby to join yoga and most importantly do it everyday!!

4. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

my brother too has the same prob & he s 42 now not married. after every meal he had to pass s stool & sits for 15 min. Doc advice for him s to avoid spicy food & no to add too much salt. He s with this for quite some years..........hope someone comes with a remedy here so it will be useful for my bro........Thx,:)

5. kalpavriksha

kalpavriksha New IL'ite

hi,you should see to that he reduces stress and apprehension as they worsen IBS. try homeopathic med or yoga for relaxation. avoid stress. check with your doctor about mebeverine tab. he can take it twice a day
    or as advised by dr.

6. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

kalpavriksha, thanks for the suggestion. i am surprised that no doc mentioned of this tablet. i looked it up ion wikipedia and looks like it works well. will ask my doc next time.