1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Vasumathy , you are very helpful :)

2. cholu

cholu New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am TTC. Currently i experience prolonged period more than 7 days. Any home remedy to stop it. I don't want to take birth-control pills.

last medical check-up shows my haemoglobin level slighlty dropped. Suggest some home remdies that can regulate my menses and also to control the flow to 5 days.

3. narain1949

narain1949 New IL'ite

Re: fibroids

The doctor in US is absolutely right that most fibroids will eventually shrink off , Indian doctors lack ethical practice , they just looking for money everywhere !

4. soumyashree

soumyashree New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am new to IL and gone through the thread of Irregular period.Now I am also suffering with the same from my teen age.
    I got my first period when I was 13 yrs old.

After that i got period almost within a gap of 1.5 months,but the gap extended gradually.My period almost stops when the climate is enough cold.

I used to take homeopathic medicines which was some how manage the dates to be nearer but that worked for max 5 to 6 times.

Even I got the gap as almost 1 yr once in between two consecutive periods.I consulted doctor and according to his medicines I got some side effects like heavy vomiting and all.So he asked me to stop the medicines.

In this way I got habituated with instant periods in very irregular manner.

I have gone through sonography but doctor is saying there is a mild cist problem in uterous,which is general with girls of my age(26).
    There are no other abnormal condition in my body but ovules are not created at regular interval i.e. formation of ovules is very slow.
    Doctors are prescibing some pills and they are telling that it may cause side effects also.
    So I afraid to take those medicines due to my previous experience.

Please suggest me,if you have any?
    I will be obliged

Thanks & Regards,
    Soumyashree

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi soumyashree,

welcome to IL health forum.

Did you take a second opinion from any other good gynaec? For this problem, normally they prescribe harmone tablets which produce gas and also results in vomitting in some cases. There are friendly harmones too. Consult an endocrinologist or a good gynaec and tell them the problem you face with the different tablets prescribed to you. They will accordingly decide on the medicine to be given to you. All allopathic medicines have some side effects or the other. Get more informatoin on what kind of sideeffects and their impact on your body in future, from your doctor and then take the medicine.

Yes as the doctor said, such things are commonly reported now-a-days, so don't worry. Stress & strain & unhealthy lifestyle are the major factors which cause the harmonal imbalance. So stay calm & try to change your lifestyle if it not an healthy one (including sleeping pattern) along with medicines. You will get cured of this soon. Best wishes.

6. soumyashree

soumyashree New IL'ite

Hi Mira,

Feeling relax from your reply.
    Thanks dear.
    Definitely I will consult doctor keeping all ur tips in mind.

My lifestyle is quite general and I sleep almost 8-10 hrs per day.
    Could you please suggest me some home remedies like foods to keep my body hot.
    I guess ,it may help me to get recovered without any medicines.
    I am taking Baidyanath Ashokarist as suggested by my mother.Please tell me,is there any bad effects of it or not.

Thank You,

Regards,
    Soumyashree

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ashoka arishtam is very good for the general uterus care. Do you want to increase body heat?

Barley, til, flax seeds, papaya, pineapple increase body heat.
    fenugreek seeds, curd, melons, mint - cools the body.

taking overdose of heat producing things also harmful. hence take them maximum of thrice a week.

8. soumyashree

soumyashree New IL'ite

Hi,

Thank u for ur useful information.

Best regards,
    Soumyashree

9. cpriyanka

cpriyanka New IL'ite

hello,
    I am experiencing irregular periods since 3 months now and everytime doctor gave some medicine and then after a week i get my periods it even happened in this month and doctor now told me that it is happening because of hormonal imbalance and my doctor has prescribed me a 21 day course for 2 months...
    I just want to know, have anyone taken such kind of course to make periods regular??

I also have a silly doubt..i am married few months ago..and i want to ask if position of having intercourse effects our period cycle??

10. summerlove

summerlove New IL'ite

My sister has irregular period and when it comes out she felt extreme pain. We give her bear to ease the pain and it works on many occasions. Should we consult a doctor or just leave it.