1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: Help Me Pls

hi cheer & teju,
    thanx for ur immediate reply...atleast iam happy to share with u all & feel like somebody is for me to care,thanx for ur replies once again.:-D

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Sometimes the period after D&C is late & heavy... During D&C they remove your uterine wall lining so that cycle is skipped. This also alters the hormone to delay your next cycle & it takes a long time to form a thicker endometrium which will slough off during this period.

Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids... not caffeinated but lots of juice & water is best to replenish the salts & fluids that you are losing. Beetroot does not help - it just has sugar there's no iron in it. Don't be fooled by the color.
    Next is take a lot of protein - eggs, meat, milk, yogurt whatever you can tolerate. Take calcium tablets 500 mg once a day & make sure you drink plenty of fluids. This helps to shorten the bleeding phase.

DO NOT meddle with the uterus unless necessary... procedures like Thermacare etc will scar the uterus. Even D&C scars uterus. Once you scar it, it will always be an uneven surface. Normally uterus has a smooth lining to help the fertilized ovum to attach to it. This does not mean that you will have trouble conceiving but try to avoid any scarring procedure unless it has been warranted to solve some issue.

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi lavanya,
    thanx for ur brief advice & info.:)

4. Aneela

Aneela New IL'ite

Re: Menstrual problems - all doubts

Hi Everyone,:wave

I have been reading all your postings in this thread and learned a lot. I am 36 years old and getting my periods very late.I visited my Dr and surprisingly came to know that I am in pre menopausal state. I am so worried how is it possible in such a young age.My Dr. said that,"your are so lucky, that you already had babies,now a days it is hot issue among our doctors how to tackle this problem and the research is going on...".So friends be aware anything can happen in this modern lives with these changing weather conditins,life styles and eating habits.

Thanks,
    Aneela

5. ssvaasanthy

ssvaasanthy New IL'ite

Re: Painful Menstrual Cramps: Need remedies!

soaka a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, few curry leaves in the night with warm milk and bit of curd.
    Eat the above mixture in the early morning in empty stomach.

When I tried the above for a month, i didnt have pain at all. If u eat the above on a regular basis, it will not only reduce the pain , but also improve your hair growth( because of curry leaves) and skin (because of fenugreek soaked in curd). But you put on weight too :-(

This tastes very bitter. But it works.

2 people like this.
  6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear all, may u all must be knowing abt this..
    this is a simple method for the relief of menstural pain...during that days v'll feel very stomach pain,some gas something uneasy,so have jeera water,it'll immediately give relief..
    method
    keep water in a vessel,pour 1 glass of water,1sp jeera,half a spoon ghee,half a spoon sugar,then have it,thatz all..no need to drain the seeds...
    hope this will give u all some relief..

7. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear all, may u all must be knowing abt this..
    this is a simple method for the relief of menstural pain...during that days v'll feel very stomach pain,some gas something uneasy,so have jeera water,it'll immediately give relief..
    method
    keep water in a vessel,pour 1 glass of water,1sp jeera,half a spoon ghee,half a spoon sugar,then have it,thatz all..no need to drain the seeds...
    hope this will give u all some relief..

8. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Rizwana,

This is something that has worked for me. I hope it does for you too. You can try having payasam made of sabudana or khichdi made out of it during the week before your periods.

Regards,

Abha.

9. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Menstrual problems - all doubts

Hi friends,

I was the one to start this thread asking all about my doubts with respect to mestrual irregularity.Before all a note of thanks to all for all your valuable suggestions .

Dear ILites its been almost 3 months that i had posted my query .I would like to share few things .I had made few changes in my life style and thinking which had helped me to get back my periods regulary .

1. reducing my weight .
    2.good food habits having more fruits and vegges.
    3.earlier i used to be depressed because of this cold wheather.So i made myself understand that if we are here then we need to cope up with this problem rather then becoming victim of that.So i indulged myself in some good reading and grooming some of my forgotten skills.
    4.Stressing myself less.I found stress playes a major role on our hormes and periods .So i take enough rest ,i do excerise and relax myself.

Friends you don't belive these things have worked to be positive for me .May you also try which can be of some help.

Note:Never rule out the possibility of PCO .So get a full check up with your gyne then you can try them out .

Bye:wave
    Mitra

10. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Mitra,

That was nice piece of advice:2thumbsup: