1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

delayed Response

HI Rosema And Vidhi ,

I apoligise for delayed response .Actually was not following the post for quiet a time.But today when i opened i found the replies.

Iam glad to see the suggestions and i will try them..

Cheers
    Mitra:2thumbsup:

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Re: Menstrual irregularity

i think u shd start walking or some sort of regular excersise bcz it is a vicious cycle whn u have irregular periods u have some harmonal imbalances i think by now u wud have checked up abt pcod prob there is a full thread which is being discussed on pcod pl read it to understand ur prob better
    if ur ruled of pcod thn u better try to conceive earliest and finish of ur childbearing stage so tht u need not worry abt ur next child as ur 1st child is 2 yrs old . I knw it wud be hectic for u to manage two kids but they wil grow up easily and u need to struggle for another two yrs i think thts always best as u wilbe energetic now whn compared to 3-4 yrs down the lane
    tc bye :)

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Important stage of Women's life

Hi ILites,

I am 44 years old. For the past one year my menstrual cycle, comes a bit irregular. But so far from the day of starting of menses, I had the cycles very regular. I consulted Dr. and she opined that this will slowly lead to Menopause. I would like to know others’ experiences on this.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: Menstrual irregularity

most of the time irregular periods leads to PCO's, talk to ur gyn abt this. some of ur symptoms like worry, weight gain & irregualr periods indicate u have PCO's. Do a full checkup, including ultrasound.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Help Me Pls

hi all,
    iam having heavy periods this time,becoz i got it after 3 months,
    now iam having tablets to control,my question is anybody pls give me some suggestions...iam feeling very weak & tired. iam unable to sit continuosilly for 10 mins..
    iam having dry dates,iron & vitamin tablets,also will have beetroot & pomegranate,anything else to have???
    eagerly awaiting for ur replies...thanx in advance..
    bye,
    vivbass.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Re: Help Me Pls

Dear Vivbass,

Did u talk to ur gyn abt this??? How old are U??? If ure married & have no kids then better to go for full chk-up, most of the time irregular periods leads to PCO's. I'm telling u from my experience, when first time i went to gyn & she told me abt pco's i didn't take it seriously, but now i realized how big mistake i made, becoz of pcos i had 2 miscarriages.

7. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,

Did u ever heard about the treatment calledGYNECARE THERMACHOICE ???
    I haven't any personal experience though I heard about it from my frns....

GYNECARE THERMACHOICE is a minimally invasive, non-hormonal treatment developed to reduce excessive menstrual bleeding in pre-menopausal women who are having heavy periods due to benign (non-cancerous) causes...

It is an 8-minute treatment that is minimally-invasive and requires no hospital stay. It uses heat to treat the endometrium the lining of the uterus, can be performed under local anesthesia and requires no incision. GYNECARE THERMACHOICE may be performed in your gynecologist's office, eliminating the need to go to the hospital. Unlike a hysterectomy, GYNECARE THERMACHOICE allows you to preserve your uterus. Recovery is fast - most women return to their normal activities the next day.

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi all,thanx for ur replies..:2thumbsup:
    iam 27yrs old,married & no kids.
    i had D&C they had removed my cyst also.. after my D&C i got periods after 3 months, so my mil is telling that i got it heavily becoz i got it after 3 months.
    i have given blood test (to know abt the hormones) today, will see the DR after 3weeks only.
    i just want to know some strength foods for me,so pls give some advice.
    bye,
    vivbass.

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,

From my personal experience I too had a heavy periods before that I some times had the periods once a year or for every 4 or 5 months like that... I too felt very tired n uncomfortible....

I managed those heavy days by using super tampoon along with two long overnight pads (Always ultra thin to avoid the bulk) with wings ( they tend too be longer). Wings take care of any oops on the sides of the period panties. I would over lap the pads so it was long in the front and black. Then no leak throughs...

At night also same thing but I just sleep on some plastic lined bed sheets so I wudn't worry about the mattresses n I cud some sleep...

I'm not sure if that is wat u r looking for.. donnow too many tricks...
    May be use more tampoons for more comfortible ....

Consider these tips for successful self-care of heavy periods:

Your doctor may recommend rest if bleeding is excessive and disruptive to your normal schedule or lifestyle.

Keep a record. Record the number of pads and tampons you use so that your doctor can determine the amount of bleeding. Change tampons regularly, at least every four to six hours.

Avoid aspirin. Because aspirin may promote bleeding, avoid it. Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) often is more effective than aspirin in relieving menstrual discomforts.

Coping skills

For some women, menorrhagia is manageable. Follow these tips:

Work closely with your doctor. Stay informed of all aspects of your condition, including controllable causes and new treatment options. Have your blood count and iron level measured at least once a year.
    Consider iron supplements. With your doctor's approval, consider taking an iron supplement to prevent a lack of iron in your blood (iron deficiency anemia).

Take good care of yourself. Eat a healthy diet, get enough rest and exercise, and keep your stress under check.

Seek the support of family and friends. This can help lessen the effects of the condition and make dealing with difficult times more bearable.

10. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,

if ure having first time period since D&C then it is fine, even it's better to have heavy periods, it happened to me too. I had to change my pads 3-4 times in a day. So don't worry.

For strength take Iron tablets+multi vitamins. Iron is must for couple of mths.