1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Drink lots of water

I was always told by my elders to drink lots of water and avoid soda's as much as possible. Hope this helps.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rizwana,

I took Eve care capsules and from first month wow, a great relief!

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Rizwana,
    this cramps is a very common problem for girls. I would suggest that you do not take much medicine. Try to rest during that time, if your schedule permits. Try to wrap your stomach with wet towel every day for sometime to cool that part of the body. You can eat much of banana flower items to get relief. Also try the remedies told by others, then reach the best one for you.

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi.

From my experience, if you dont strain too much, then, you will be relieved from giddiness and reg., the stomach pain, yes, water is the best medicine. I get stomach pain on the first day and will stay for a while. Nowadays, I drink a big jar of water in advance , as soon as the periods starts and it is a big help for me!!!

Take care..

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi dear,

I had the same problem at my side ...Me too a teenager.During this menstural cycles ,i will turn to a child and started crying due to the pain...Here are few remedies which can help you better:
    • Drink "Ommum" water before few days of cycle..
    • Take some amount of cool water put some amout salt ,then apply the salty water in ur understomach were you usually have pain...
    • Apply some ice cubes it will be a great relief
    • When i consult doctor he said that it is normal pain ,try to avoid tablets to extend or to control this period cycles...but he prefer a medicine to get relief from more pain "meftal"...I recommend you to consult with doctor and use this tablet,since it may lead to side effects for you
    • Take few amout of "kathazhai(a jelly like plant)" ,"karupetti vellam" make it as a "legiyam"...swallow it....
    • Have a deep sleep it will surely give you a better relief
    • Dont go for soda
    • Take a tumbler of "moare"+"vendhayam"-it will keep your stomach cool....
    • Eat "pottu kadalai" -It will slop more bleeding,Dont eat "ground nuts/sweets"- it will lead to more bleeding
    I hope the above tips will surely help you better......Pour your experience after taking the above steps

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I do not get severe pains but I do get pain on the second day for about 3-4 hrs.I take a tsp of vendayam(fenugreek seeds),soak in a glass of warm water for about an hr and drink that water.It really helps.

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Some women have worser cramps than others. Some have lower pain tolerance than others. Unfortunately, I have the same issue of debilitating cramps for one day... it has been there from the very first time. Trying different food based treatments is okay as long as you don't have allergic reactions to them. Because, if not anything else it should not worsen your pain.
    As long as you can tolerate nimulid it can be taken. Make sure you eat proper meals & take nimulid ONLY after meal & don't lie down within 15- 20 mins of taking nimulid. Some people who cannot tolerate anti-inflammatory drugs like nimulid, ibuprofen, voveran, vioxx, motrin, midol etc take ranitidine or omez along with the pain killers. Ranitidine & omez are drugs used to prevent gastritis. This way their stomach tolerates the anti-inflammatory drugs better.

Other things that can help beside the drug are:
    Rest
    Heat - hot water bags or heating gel pads (they are wayyyyyyy lighter than water bags). In most people cold pack aggravates the pain as it causes blood flow to decrease & muscle to contract.
    Elevation - keep your legs slightly elevated (even while lying down) to bring back the flow of blood to your abdomen.
    Regular exercises can help regulate your hormones & increase endorphin levels so that when you do get the pains its easily tolerated.
    Also keeping yourself hydrated is a good thing, though you may not want to overdo it as some people retain lot more water on the 1st couple days of their cycle.

Having said all this, I have a veryyy sensitive stomach to any generation of pain killers so the only thing that I can do is Rest/Heat/Elevation & Exercise. So have patience its going to be a part of your life for a long time. Have a positive outlook - be glad that its going to be only 1 day every cycle. Also as long as you have no physiological problems which is causing the pain you shouldn't let it dampen your spirit.
    Hope atleast some of what I've mentionned makes sense to you.
    L.

8. jaymanik

jaymanik New IL'ite

Painful Menstrual Cramps: Need remedies! Reply to Thread

Hi rizwana,
    when ever u get crams just take a walk in fresh air.

9. jaymanik

jaymanik New IL'ite

Painful Menstrual Cramps: Need remedies! Reply to Thread

Hi Rizwana,
    when ever u get cramps just take a walk in fresh air that will help u.

10. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

periods

hi

everyone has given really good suggestions.i hope you have shown to the doctor(gynec).if not better go in for a checkup as soon as possible.

take care..