1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. sharika

sharika Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for posting this after so long - but I only found about it now and i needed to try it to see if it worked before posting it here.

To help relieve cramps and pains during menstrual cycle mix 1 teaspoon grated ginger and 1 teaspoon honey (you can use more if the taste of the ginger is too strong). Take this when the cramps and pain starts.

Instead of medication, now I only use this and it works for me.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Sharika:tongue

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

Before marriage I used to have all kinds of pains & cramps just b4 and during periods. My mom used to wash and soak a tbsp of methi seeds overnight and add powdered sugar to the methi in water, the next morning. mix well and make me eat that first thing in the morning. Initially I used to hate eating methi but it definitely helped in reducing the pain.
    over a period of time, I started enjoying the sour & sugary taste of soaked methi.

Nowadays, I've severe pain only the first day and I take care the methi way and I'm alright.

I do agree with Poojitha about reducing salt, caffeine intake. I do follow these things during those 3 days.

Maybe you could also try it.

3. anupama

anupama New IL'ite

ways to get out of PMS

Nice Article,
    its very much true, i was suffering with that, i use to hav problems in my personal life also due to loss of temper and unwanted fight, etc
    after consulting my gynac, she suggested me a tablet for that EVEPEARL PMS , we can also do yoga especially ( the cobra pose) its very good releif for PMS, also meditation.
    having taken that tablet for nearly 5 months, i am able to feel the difference i am also doing yoga .
    I hav also reduced my sugar and salt intake and increased my fruits and vegetable intake as well as having nearly minimum of 10glasses of water everyday
    I am not sure whether the tablet works or the pshycological feeling that i am taking some assistance works or the change in my food habits but it works and i am able to maintain my temper and health very well.
    so if someone hav such problems its better we consult our gynac first and get good counselling.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  4. kph

kph New IL'ite

hi to everybody,
    Thanks for wonderful information about PMS and posting remedies to tackle it.I suffer from worst of this syndrome.
    I would just like to add accepting you have a PMS problem makes it easier to tackle it.
    bye,
    kph

5. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Tips on controlling PMS

Tips on controlling PMS

• Eat complex carbohydrates (such as whole grain breads, pasta and cereals), fiber and protein. Cut back on sugar and fat.
    • Avoid salt for the last few days before your period to reduce bloating and fluid retention.
    • Cut back on caffeine to feel less tense and irritable and to ease breast soreness.
    • Cut out alcohol. Drinking it before your period can make you feel more depressed.
    • Try eating up to 6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger ones.
    • Get aerobic exercise. Work up to 30 minutes, 4 to 6 times a week.
    • Get plenty of sleep--about 8 hours a night.
    • Keep to a regular schedule of meals, bedtime and exercise.
    • Try to schedule stressful events for the week after your period.

6. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Advance and Postpone periods: Any home remedies?

Dear Friends,

I'm missing my periods and i'm not pregnant. I did consult a doctor and all the results were normal. Is there any home remedies to prepone and postpone periods?

Right now i'm having ellu(till) a teaspoon and jaggery.

Any responses appreciated

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How to call you Samayal ?

Dear Friend,
    Today I shall post in the thread " Home-remedies" one or two tips on what you have asked for. I can't say they are 100 % effective the same way for every individual, but they are totally safe & free from side-effects ! They belong to my grandma's prescription !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Menstrual problems - all doubts

HI friends ,

I wish i will get all my doubts cleared in this forum so iam posting you my problem.

here it goes iam 31yrs with one daughter aged 2.2 motnths .Actually from the day my menses started (that is when i was 13 yrs) my peroids are little bit irregular .later on when i was 28 yrs i suddenly put on wt due to some personal problems and work stress and at that time my periods didnot come for 3 months .I went to doctors and had all checkups done including hormonal everything was alright.Then she gave some medicine to get periods .later on i got conceived and after my baby came my preiods started coming regularly .Now suddenly from past 1 yr same old problem my periods come once in 2months .I have done checkups and everything is normal except for pap smear test which is negetive.doctor told me usually it goes on its own and asked me to come for checkup after 6 months.

But then iam worried 'coz i want one more child maybe after 1 yr .Is anytthing abnormal with me .Is it some kind of symptom of premenapause.Iam having so many qeustions about this in my mind .I will be greatfull if somebody can help me to get rid of this tension.

Thanks in advance.
    waiting for your valuable responses.......

Mitra

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. rizwana

rizwana New IL'ite

Painful Menstrual Cramps: Need remedies!

hello ladies,:confused:
    my name is rizwana.i am the new member of this site.
    i ve a problem.at the time of my periods iam suffering with severe stomach pain.my age is 19.it is better if i take medicine (nimulid).if not pain begins along with vomitings and guddiness.:roll:
    so give me some advice.
    bye
    rizwana.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  10. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

relief from pain

Hi Rizwana!

Atleast a week before your cycle begins, try to avoid high salt foods like chips, salted nuts, bakery goods like cakes, biscuits, chocolates and other sweets. Also try to limit the intake of rice and other starchy foods. Go for the vegetable salads and fruits as much as you like. This kind of diet helps me a lot. Also try to take some vitamin and mineral supplements atleast a week before. With all these if you still have pain, I dont think its any wrong to take Ibuprofen or such pain killers.

Limiting your salt and sweet and starch intake is the main point. Try this and let me know how the results are.

Cheers
    Pranuthi