Investments for kids

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Sashmitaa, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ChandraGovindarajan

ChandraGovindarajan New IL'ite

Re: Investments

Dear Punitha,

I live in Hosur, which is about 40kms from Bangalore. The Real estate value is shootingup here. If you are really interested in making money, you should invest here NOW. Lot of good sites are available.

Chandra Govindarajan

2. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sashmita,

If you want to invest in India for your kid, there is ICICI Smart kid plan

Advantages:
    1) You have option to choose number of years based on your kids ae.
    2) You can withdraw over a period of time say from 18 to 21 for higher education or as lumpsum at the end.
    3) In unforseen circumstances, in the event of sponsorers death the insurance pays out the remaining instalments periodically as per contract. And also insurance pays death compensation.
    4) If you wish to stop the investment say after 5 years you can stop and there will not much charges.
    5) you can choose your investment amount which i think starts from INR 10000 per annum onwards..

This investment you can do only when you are in India. So check it out..

But it is you to decide. Many people do not like icici, but i had a good experience. Iam a customer for the last 6 years.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi bala,

sorry to butt in...but icici accepts nri investment plans under pruilife for smart kid plans.

4. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

hi iltes.

Does any body have idea on Metlife bhavishya.If yes, plz throw some light on it

and

also come up with best investments for kids like mutual funds and children plans

awaiting all ur replies

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi spandana,

Metlife bhavishya, also follows the same principle...as most child plans..life cover and investment...

The insurance is not taken for the child, but is a `plan' wherein the parent is the insured and the child is the the beneficiary.
    It allows the parent to plan for the child's future expenses, say on education with the assurance that the sums would be paid irrespective of the parents' continued investment (due to untimely death). The premiums paid and the maturity/survival proceeds are eligible for tax breaks.

Metlife comes with periodic benefit or terminal benefit..which is again common with all of the plans...that is after a particular lock in period you can remove a sum...that is periodic benefit..but the insurance cover will still be there...and a bonus plus the remaining amout will be received as at the end of maturity benefits (Terminal benefits.).

(p.s.Study Charges & fund growth before going for ULIP.)

Lic also has come up with some child plans...check them out...

Some financial gurus say dont mix insurance and investment.

But if you are going in for investment,and insurance...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

7. Sindhumon

Sindhumon New IL'ite

hi friends,

SBI life has also some good investment plans for children.

asha

8. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hey guys

Thanks for all your support here. Atlast we have invested the amount on land in chennai. Thank God for all his blessings on us.

Lakshmi

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  9. klalithar

klalithar New IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi and friends,

Good evening to every body.. I m Lalitha Reddy working as a Professional Insurance Consultant representing World No1 Trusted Central Govt Insurance Companyof LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA since 9 years. I m very happy to c that, our frnds r thinking to save their kids future as well savings for retirement thru LIC.

I hv been interviewed by TV 9 in the year 2006. I can say proudly, i m very happy to represent such a big Social service Organisation where our motto is only to serve the people.

For any information and clarifications i m here to clear every problem. Pl utilise me for any of the information regarding LIC. Many of the NRI frnds r there who r insured.

I m happy, if i get any querries.

Regards
    Lalitha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  10. sriswap

sriswap New IL'ite

Hi LAlitha,

I would like to know what are the current policies available as an investment / savings for kids and their premium amount to be paid monthly/yearly so that i can go ahead and plan accordingly.

Can you please give me your contact mail id or phone number .

Thanks,
    Swapna