Investment avenues in US

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by armummy, Oct 28, 2014.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I am looking for some information on investment net avenues in us . Where do people invest there money here , any good mutual funds ??

2. NMag

NMag New IL'ite

First of all, kudos to you for bringing up investment related topic. This should be the busiest thread of all. I believe every woman should be on top of their finances.
    Yes, mutual funds is a a good option. You can invest in mutual funds through 401k, if your company provides one. Else you can go for Roth IRA.
    Other option would be stock market, which is at all time high right now so one has to be very cautious. You can also consider buying a house if you are settle in one place for next 7-10 years. Buying a rental house/ apartment can be looked into too. Do a thorough research of the market before taking that decision.

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Thanks nmag.

i am looking for short term investments , CDs have very low interest rates. So wondering about other options. As of now only mutual funds look like an option.

4. NMag

NMag New IL'ite

Sorry for presuming that you were interested in long-term investments.
    There are more. I like this website for the beginners (link attached), gives positive and negatives for each option. Hope it's useful.
    Where to Park Your Cash

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

My bad , I should have mentioned short term , long term .

i will check through the link . Thanks a ton for taking time And replying detail.

6. NMag

NMag New IL'ite

Anytime! I am glad I could be of some help.
    I would love to know which one you finally opt for or maybe a mix of options.
    Good luck!