Investing in stocks - awakening an old thread

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by joylokhi, Oct 24, 2013.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    i replied to an old thread on the above subject without seeing the date of OP. it was 2005! Hence starting a fresh thread. Those of u interested in share investing trading can give your views and suggestions. Now that sensex has moved up, here's hoping that this trend would continue and there is hope of regaining the losses of the past 2 years or so. What say friends?

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

without rupee support market cant move healthily. From the past 3months economic growth is not much good, and rupee lighting fire to that, prices became high, interest rates.

When u choose to buy one company share, see the technical view of that and dont trust blindly brand name of company or some others. Here company technical and past performance and other news and market direction considerable.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the response. yes, technicals are important. I usually visit moneycontrol.com for views on the market and some guidance. As u say, only when markets are steady, indices may improve. After a gap of nearly two years of not buying or selling, I just bought one company,s shares as a test trade. Let us see. Please keep updating. Best wishes.

4. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Usually Q2 results are trap. The market will swing to 52 week highs during Oct-Nov series. The big players will trap smalls fishes like us. The reasl scenero of Indian market will come to only post elections. Till that time, its driven by Election rallies. Recently, Goldman sachs also pumping money into market to boost Modi as PM candidate..

I came across, SP tulsian from last 2 yrs. his suggestions are good. you can follow him on CNBC-18.

5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi vemala,
    thanks for the information. You are right - this could explain the sudden movement in sensex and other stocks. Have not gone into shares for the one year or so, due to market conditions. As u Say this could only be a bubble upto elections.
    Yes cnbc18 technical views are good sometimes. Let us wait and see :)

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and the election results of the 5 states will be the next indicator...