Investing in Stock - discussions?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shalini, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Yes Shobana, I am guled into my bloomberg Tv now. can't decide anything now!

Tulasi

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

What is going on with the market again today!!:bangcomp:

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Markets are very irrational some times all the International markets also fell big time to their fifty two weeks low except for Chinese market. Until all the banking dust settles nothing seems to matter even though few companies gave very good earnings even then herd mentality people are panic to sell I guess. nothing we can do now until it recovers back if you have money this is the time to get in!

Tulasi

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I am hoping that this is as low as it will get - then I am buying!!

Shobana

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Shabana, Wait for few more days until the market settles.. don't know how long it can be like this...

Tulasi

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Oh yes - not buying anytime now - am going to wait until the dust settles and then when things start stabilizing, I will buy (by the way, I work at an investment firm - and our motto is "steady wins"!!)

Shobana

7. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

That’s good to know you work at Investment firm.. My husband's motto also same "steady wins" but me no patience..

Tulasi

8. anjalithukral

anjalithukral New IL'ite

invest in Mutual funds they are best option giving a return of 25-60% p.a.

9. lakme

lakme New IL'ite

hi all,
    im intersted in share market too. i am planning to start online trading.but i want to know the proceedure for that and how much to invest and wat r the risk factors.how far is it feesible for a homemaker to invest in share bazar. wat has to be kept in mind before venturing in this feild .if anyone can help me in this i will be glad.
    lakme.

10. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Here normally we have several Brokerge firms which are online as well as offices in several places..normally you can open an account with minium amount what ever the brokerage firm reaquirement and invest in which ever the stocks you are interested in and sell when ever you want... brokerage firm will charge small amount when ever you sell or buy...If you hold a stock for one year then you will pay the flat tax rate other wise you have to pay the highest rate....

Before investing in any company study the company well make sure what's there profit and loss and revenve and what are their goals and what they are going to deliver two years down the lane..don't get emotioally attched to any stock and also have realistic goal in what you are expecting and don't be greedy when the stock is going up..don't enter any stocks which are hyped up..do your research and pick value stocks and invest for long run...these are some of the things which i learnt over the years..hope this helps

Tulasi

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007