Investing in Stock - discussions?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shalini, Nov 20, 2005.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

ofcourse we r interested DEV!!

Hi Dev,

I think we got a right person here to explain n teach properly about stocks...Ofcourse we are interested in it...

I wanted to ask you what type of trade is useful for housewives like me who likes to trade from home??...I means intraday, midterm or long term shares...Just explain me their benefits and disadvantages too...

Thanks in advance Dev ...You are doin a very good job!!

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

of course DSK we are interested!

In know a bit abt ratios. The Current Ratio(Current Asset to Current Liab) ideally should be 2:1. We should also check on the Turnver ratios to determine the profitablity of the company.In the current scenario, certain stocks yield good profit . For eg Sugar Companies. Also now that there is a real estate boom, the related companies like Cement(mangalam cement is a good xample) are also shooting up in their performances. also , Oil companies are doing well. We would certainly like to hear more from you, DSK!

Purnima

3. DSK

DSK New IL'ite

Dear Sukan,

I'll post more info on stock market & its basics when i find time. But providing trading suggestions, I don't want to do that as I myself am a beginner in this field. Also, there are 1000s of theories for analysing a stock & stuff. It's a vast field & any decision to buy/sell is a combi of many factors. I'll detail whatever i know of ,whenever possible.

4. DSK

DSK New IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

The type of trade would depend on one's needs,how long one can lock their money in stocks,risk taking ability etc. If you want to see quick profits(or losses :D) you can try intrday trading(buy & sell the same day) and swing trading(shows results in 1-5 weeks or so). If you can lock ur money for a longer period & wait patiently, u can be an investor. You can also be a mix of all these. Depending on what kind of trading U want to do, you can pick stocks. Intraday trades- you'll have to be glued to the mkt if u r trading for the day coz U want to grab the best oppor during the day(IMO, it's like a lottery.I still don't get a hang of how ppl do it. Medium term & investment trading- you need to do a lot of homework & decide on the rate & time to buy/sell a share. Your actual number of trades might be less in this case but U'll be doing a lot of background work. You need to monitor your stocks constantly but needn't be watching it throughout the day.

Last piece for the day... If one really want to be in the stock markets, one need to learn to accept losses as u accept profits. No all shares U buy will make profits. Only when U r mentally prepared for it, enter into the market. I've seen so many ppl interested in the stock market(esp indian mkts) these days as the index is shooting up & the economy seems to be rosy but not many are ready to accept losses. They want to see profits right from the beginning , which is 'almost' impossible.

5. DSK

DSK New IL'ite

Anybody intersted?

Hellow... is anybody interested in the discussion???!!!...:)

6. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Derivatives

Hi DSK,

Ofcz all r interested...Can you pls let us about derivatives??? how different it is from simple trading??

7. akku

akku New IL'ite

Cool topic.
    I have quite good exp watching my husband trading :). He trade via icici direct and I can help out Qns regarding trading, stocks etc...

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

new account

Dear DSK,

I also got a new ICICIDIREC 3 in 1 account last month. Till now I have not started using it.
    For anybody who wants to get a D-mat account , it is easy to get one in ICICI.
    I just registered online .They came and did the needful within 48 hours. They give you one SB a/c . one webtrading a/c and one D-mat a/c.So it is 3 in 1 a/c.
    I got like that only.
    What I waned to know is to the way to start going about it without knowing anything. I want to learn and have nobody to teach me, here. My husband doesn't know anything about trading. Can you help me??
    Regards
    Latha

9. saratha

saratha New IL'ite

hello dev

Iam trading in NSE through internet form home for the past one year . Gained hell lot of experience on how money gets lost. till now no profit. lost nearly a lakh. i tried to trade using tips received from bombay on payment of Rs.2500/m even their tips never worked out. im dilema whether to proceed or not. if u can suggest any thing on this, plz do.

Would like to know how long u are in this field and what are u doing?

regards
    saratha

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,

I think i reached a right place to sharp my knowledge.Experienced ones are here to gudie us.

Actually i am even doing trading past2years, as myhubby started it before our wedding ,transferred it to me, as he is busy with his work.

First even i felt alot to understand the concepts, myhubby use to help me during weeknds. Suggested few sites to go through, which would be helpful to strengthen my knwoledge in basics..

ICICI direct.com
    Myiris.com - Personal finance India for shares, stocks, equity, mutual funds, loans, credit cards, insurance, tax, mutual fund NAVs, BSE, BSE India, NSE, NSE India, share, mutual fund, loan, company results, credit card, and more...

Though my portfolio was like noprofit, no loss till few days back, now i started seeing a small amount of profit...Its takes time to understand.We have to know currect financial status of our countries, world marketvalue...etc.,

Regards.
    USHA.