1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Invertors for domestic purpose

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Dhanu15, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies, Can you please suggest some good inverters / ups for domestic usage. Our purpose is for using it when there is power cuts (power cuts in Bangalore is becoming a problem these days) basic lighting and fans.
    Your advises and suggestions are highly appreciated and awaited.
    Thank you so much,
    Best regards,
    Dhanu

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

APC or Su-kam branded inverter with a good quality battery should serve you the best :)
    whichever is the main brand , take a good quality battery and take care of its re-charging

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hiiiii Dhanu

Wat raagini says is correct...whichever is the main brand , take a good quality battery and take care of its re-charging

I also stay in bangalore...OMG the power cuts are horrible here.

We recently before 5 months have bought an invertor - EXCEL is the name of the brand.Its working fine till now.

Cost : Rs 19500

We have taken the invertor with power in such a way that when there is a power cut,except the Fridge,Washing machine,Geyser,Grinder...others work uninterrupted - like we have around 6 tubelights,5 fans and few CFLs.

When the invertor is fully charged,if we use all the above, the power stays for 3-4 hrs atleast 3...if we use only 2 tubelights and 2 fans,it works for a def period of 8 hrs.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  4. aspanishdiary

aspanishdiary New IL'ite

Hi,
    I agree with Raagini and Swaran...I guess it depends a lot in that you get a good battery and check that it always has water...I have a home UPS and works pretty fine with fan, laptop, mixie and even sometimes the cooler! (not so much of that of course or the battery will die). :)

5. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Thank you so much Swarna :)

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

V r planning to buu Home Invertor in Next mth. Will u pls tell me, how to choose it?? which one is best brand invertor ?? what r all the types in it?? how much it's cost???

7. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hi OOviya,

We finally went in for Exide battery with luminious inverter. 850 watts is what we chose for our house and it can backup 5 lights 3 fans + our 41" led tv..it costed us 15k with trolley with 2 yrs warranty + guarantee and a trolley free. Though we dnt plan to run the tv to be on safer side...rest other things are giving good back up......as these days power cuts hv become common practice in Bangalroe as well.

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

k.how is it working???