1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inventions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri

Only you can think of such interesting topics to write just at the drop of a hat and just like Kamalji. It is great to read the post. You know, every time I try to make a new dish from a recipie book, I will always change a few things here and there and never stick to the original. So I still do not know how the "original" dish tastes like and hubby things I make something different all the time! I had a look at the link of Crazy Recipies. Surely something I will be following. Thank you!

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Do you think this fair...one hand..you ask us to innovate but has the consumption power in your hands?:)
    Rightly said..it is not only an involuntary action, but an implied action too, isn't it!
    Thank you appreciating our efforts, natpudan!

sriniketan

3. Sriniketan

Thanks for those warm words Jaya. Necessity pa necessity..what to do!
    Don't say that, you cannot prove it..I can see your grey cells working in your hilarious posts..:thumbsup

sriniketan

4. Sriniketan

Padmini ma'am,
    You once again proved you are a science graduate..:thumbsup giving an equation for cooking..
    Your elaboration of how cooking is an art, science is very much appreciated.
    Enjoyed it ma'am.

I know you are also generous in praising and encouraging ilites like us..thank you.:)

sriniketan

5. Sriniketan

Hi light!
    The ideas of giving shapes and sizes to the already existing ones is the invention in itself. :thumbsup to your ideas. I had tried to do 'star dosai' 'heart dosai and 'train dosai' too...don't ask me about the shapes of it..:rotflYour idea of turning the dining table to a restuarant-style...it is a great idea!

sriniketan

6. Sriniketan

K,
    Hats off to you..you are doing a wonderful job of getting new ideas to pack the lunch-box...but in our house, fearing for my innovation, they have lunch at school..:-(
    Share your crazy ideas, so that we can follow it too..:thumbsup

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Haha...now you are getting inventors as your friends, nice way of putting it Kamalji!
    Eventhough we share recipes in our neighbourhood..what if somebody pops in all of a sudden, what to do with the left-overs...that's where we get into inventing new items, (just like old wine in a new bottle :))
    Come Kamalji...share your Sindhi curry here..so that we can enjoy it and have a good afternoon's nap.:)

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Jaishree,
    You are one lucky one these days..
    That day would come to us when our children are off to college, or work or get married.
    I think our inventions stop at that point..:rotfl

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Not only me, susri, everyone who takes control of the kitchen is an inventor.:thumbsup and each and everyone learns on the process..you know, some things doesn't come the way it should all the time..:bonk
    Nice idea to have a week's menu..one thing I religiously follow is on the Thursday, which is a Pongal but side-dish vary.

Different tastes, different textures, different temperatures and in our house, different times...very hard to satisfy all...rightly said.

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Mindi,
    You are a good host, that means, no imagination or innovation on your part..I don't get it :confused2:
    No flops till now...that's a great thing Mindi..be proud of it..:thumbsup
    you know what, my children would say..."Amma, it is good, but will have it later.." Got the point :biglaugh

sriniketan