1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce your child to the wonderful world of books

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by deep2008, Sep 5, 2009.

1. deep2008

deep2008 New IL'ite

:coffee:coffee Today it's Saturday & I'm raking my brain as to what should be the theme of my next blog?The sight of my daughter occupied in reading a novel provides me with the cue to
    write this blog.
    You all will agree that reading is a very healthy & good habit .So why not inculcate this sound habit in your child when he/she is just a growing child in the age group of 4 to 5.
    Gift your child with books illustrated with colourful pictures when he/she is just 4 or 5 yrs old on his birthday or whenever u go on an outing.This will acquaint your child with mesmerizing world of booksin his very childhood when his age is most impressionable. Gift him with nice books with captivating multicoloured pictures on his birthday.Do make it a point to visit the bookfair whenever it is held in your town or city & buy a handful of books from the fair as u get heavy discounton all categories of
    [​IMG]books in a fair.
    If your kid doesn't take interest in books the first time u give them to him do make it a habit to tell him the stories from the book regularly.This will surely urge your child to explore the book himself.
    ONE MORE THING I would like to add here.Narrate interesting stories like stories of Lord Rama, Lord Ganesha , Prahlad etc when your child is just 1 or 2 yrs old.This will sow the seeds of love of stories in your kid in his formative years.
    Now u might ask in what way habit of book reading going to help your child?Well, this I'm going to tell u in my next blog.
    Kindly do share your comments on this blog positively.