1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW- shocking

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by umaakumar, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Uma,

Its a great escape indeed ... and very thoughtful of you to post in this site. I am sure this will be a lesson to many. I cant believe these things are happening still in this world. Where are we going .... !!!!:spin:spin:spin

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Thank God you did not get into any trouble.

Just forget this event and go on with life.

Be happy you escaped.

Reporting them to police may expose you to unwanted publicity and he may get away too...JMO.

3. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Uma,
    I lived alone in a metro of India and worked for 5 years.. We were always told to verify the advertisements in 'Free Ads' before going to that place. (Whether it was for a house on rent or a job).. One of my friends got in similar trouble like yours for not listening to this advice.
    I am just amazed that in 10 years, nothing has changed..
    Good that you got out safe..(my friend did too).. But she was very scared.. I would suggest please do not respond to ads in 'Free ads'. specifically for personal secretary or assistants.

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi uma aunty,

I am really not in the age to advice you but I have some thoughts in my mind...

A person who is ready to take you from the nearest center point is not an entertaining quality of the employer.

Picking you up for an interview is really a embarrasing situation.

And meeting someone at residence should be a big NO...

But Thank God..You are saved...

This keeps happening everywhere even in corporates and we are the one who should be careful and cautious...They try to make a chance whenever possible but it all depends upon opposite persons character and determination.WOmen should be always careful to not let their weakness out..This is where they take the chance..

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi mam,

Shocked to hear about your experience.But i second Prettina.

You shouldn't have accepted a ride if you are not aware about the background or the person.

At times it happens to many.Good that you are safe.And thanks for sharing and alerting others.take care.

6. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Uma,

This is terrifying. Do not attend interviews all alone. It is always better to take someone with you unless it is a well-known organisation. Also like Prettina said, working in someone's residence is not advisable.

Thanks for sharing.

7. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Thank god !!! You escaped.

However I feel, you shouldn't have gone to his home at all. You should have insisted on taking the interview in his office. Whatever it is, you had a narrow escape.

Don't know what the world is going to become with this kind of people.

Sirisha

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Uma:
    I think you are very lucky your weren't raped and/or murdered. Thank God. My guess is there was no job at all.

Ladies please don't go to anywhere but businesses and at the regular hours not some odd hours. Take separate vehicles. Pepper spray in the purse isn't a bad idea either. Carry a cell and let your friends know where you are and let the other person know that they know where you are.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,

I think the Almighty was taking care of you. This is a real scary incident.

Tashidelek has given some valuable advice. I hope everyone attending interviews take heed of it.

Besides, please do NOT get into any stranger's car or go to such private places for interviews alone.

Take care Uma, remember, better safe than sorry.

L, Kamla